This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Megadeth Tour.....

Discussion in 'Testament' started by Atropos, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Atropos

Atropos Member

I only have 3 words....

Twelve FREAKING Stones.

.:sob:. :yell:

2. AsModEe

AsModEe also known as ass-mode

3. levi

levi Member

I know it suck I dont know why he just cant put good bands on his tours. It would be sweet to see testament on the tour and only them but that wont happen.

4. SlaughteredOnslaught

SlaughteredOnslaught New Metal Member

As much as I like Megadeth's early shit - let's face it "Rust In Piece" is their last good album. That was their "And Justice For All" ablum before their music slowly changed for the worse. Granted, I haven't heard the new one - apparently it's supposed to be their best in yrs. Maybe so, but I'll have to download some songs before I even think about buying it! As far a tour goes - Testament could do a lot better! For instance: Exodus! Now that's a true metal band! Or Death Angel - the list goes on...

5. MetalHeadMarc

MetalHeadMarc Dark Lord of the Sith

actually list doesn't go on man. Most bands bite it after a while.

6. SlaughteredOnslaught

Granted, the "list" may not "go on", but the fact of the matter is this: Megadeth have already bit it so why even go there when there ARE other bands out there who are still going strong (ie the examples I mentioned earlier). Lets put it this way - Megadeth is really going to have to prove my wrong before I jump on their band wagon again (I'm talking about consistency - something they haven't done in well over a decade!) Moreover, I just don't think Megadeth of 2004 is on par with Testament! Megadeth's first 4 albums were fucking mint, though!

7. coolsnow7

coolsnow7 Raining Blood

Yeah, Testament is probably the only true metal band that I can think of off-hand that hasn't broken up or become pussy like Metallica. They rule.

Anyway, yeah who is touring with Megadeth? Cuz I was considering going...

8. SlaughteredOnslaught

I don't want to turn this into a "bag on Megadeth" thread or anything, but one of the bands opening for Megadeth (12 Stones) is supposedly a st8-up Christain band - I'm sorry, but "Christain metal bands" just don't belong. Hell, I don't even know if that 12 Stones band is metal! Don't get me wrong, Dave Mustain hasn't pulled a "Metallica" on our asses, BUT it's definately not Megadeth of old. IMO - there are other more important bands deserving of our attention than Megadeth. One of them of course being Testament. Some others: Exodus (Tempo will probably end up being my #1 album of the year!), Death Angel, Osmium, even Overkill (check out Killbox 13!), Slayer has kept it real, Heathen, and for shits and grains I'll throw Lamb of God in the mix. Now that I think about it - there are a shitload of bands... METAL!

9. coolsnow7

coolsnow7 Raining Blood

Are you serious? Christian band? Fuckin...if they're metal, they're the most hypocritical I ever heard of since Stryper, and if they're not metal...why is Dave Mustaine having them open??? Ugh...you know what, if they suck I'm throwing shit at them.

10. Harmonicminor1210

what do you have against Christians?

11. Lies and Perfidy

Lies and Perfidy Gentleman of the Road

Dave Mustaine found Jesus a while ago.

12. Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre Son of The Bitch

This board has some of the dumbest users, almost rivaling General Music Discussion.

Being an irreligious person, it doesn't fucking matter if a band is christian or not. Saxon had some christian themes in songs like Crusader, and so did Trouble in a good few of their songs along with another good bit of excellent Metal bands.

The problem with 12 Stones isn't that they're christian, the problem is that they're a shitty dime-a-dozen modern radio rock band. Fuck Dave Mustaine.

13. Reverend Joint Smoker

Reverend Joint Smoker I want to see suffering

Dave Mustaine found Jesus a while ago.

Where'd he find him? did'nt know he was lost.