This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Just a heads up... In the next week or two we will be making some major upgrades to the site to bring the software and server fully up to date. While the upgrade happens the site will be offline for the day. There will be some quirkiness after the upgrade, but we'll get it all sorted out.
    Dismiss Notice

Megadeth's new album is called Super Collider

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Fire breath, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Fire breath

Fire breath Member

Interesting title Dave! You're not getting all scientific on us and leaving religion behind are you? By the way Hadron Collider in Geneva is now on a two year break for maintenance or some such so you're a but late there Davy boy! Any way I love Megadeth forever so I'm there on the first day ready to collide super HARD!

2. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

Dave's latest rants have soured me on Megadeth for good. Pass.

3. Imagikafan

Imagikafan AKA Pooch - Mark

Same here.

4. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

One can completely disagree with the person's ideals yet still enjoy the artist within. As such, I eagerly await new stuff from Megadeth...

5. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

Agreed. I may not like Dave the person, but I'll still listen to Megadeth. I just hope it's better than the last one.

6. dtfanatic

dtfanatic Member

The last album soured me on Megadeth. But I'll still give it a try.

7. mel_progson

mel_progson Member

Is he any better or worse than any other band spewing out their ideals? I believe anything that comes out of Daves mouth is a fairly thinly veiled effort to promote his band. Any publicity etc etc.

As far as Megadeths music is concerned, I learned not to count my chickens with them. See Endgame. I'll be checking out the new one.

8. jem777az

jem777az Bozzman

I enjoyed the last album a lot and I'm looking forward to the new one as well.

9. AeonicSlumber

His rants (as of late in particular) are disgusting and downright moronic, but I try to not let that stop me from getting into music. However, I think Megadeth has been terrible for the vast majority of its career and only put out two good albums (Countdown and Peace Sells), so no care ever re: this album.

10. No Username

No Username Member

People said the same thing about Michael Jackson.

You buy Megadeth albums and you support DM's lifestyle, which includes a litany of religious hate.

No thanks.

11. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

Kind of ironic considering your avatar.:lol:

12. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

13. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Yes, he is. MegaDave is a MegaDumbass. Period.

14. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

what are you feelings on Pain of Salvation? Because Daniel G. has said some stupid things in the past too :Smokedev:

15. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

I wouldn't say he's said too many stupid things. He's very principled and I don't agree with him on every thing...but he's pretty well reasoned in his stances.

Dave, on the other hand, is an idiot. And says things that the vast bulk of rational people would say "dude, wtf?!" to.

16. Metaldrumz

Metaldrumz Member

Weird how people judge MUSIC based off someones opinion. Its not like hes praising child molestation. I'll take his views over most others any day (thats not saying I believe all his rhetoric). Hell I think its more childish and offensive for those extreme death metal bands who have to put such words as C**T and BLOOD in the same song title just to get some sort of lame reaction (again it doesnt bother me but I find it worse than what Dave spews).

I don't believe in God yet I am a huge fan of STRYPER. Michael Sweet is one of my all time favorite singers.

One of many things I dont understand about the metal fans who have to be so intricate about everything and over analyze it. Just crank it to fucking 10 and enjoy it already.

17. AeonicSlumber

Daniel never told African women to "put a plug in it".

I'm not going to get into a political debate, but I will say that those offensive metal bands typically do not actually believe in the things they are singing about, and are influenced by horror movies and the like more than anything else. It's not about values, but theatrics. And there's a gigantic difference between putting on an act and harboring beliefs that are absurd, unethical, malicious, unintelligent, etc.

On the other hand, I do agree with you on the whole though. I don't really care about what a band sings about or what their beliefs are as long as the music is good at the end of the day.

18. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Really, you're going there? Because you'll just end up looking bad. Daniel at least has been able to back up his statements logically. Dave on the other hands...

19. Justin G

Justin G Member

I can't. It's as simple as that. I'm not tossing out my old Megadeth albums (I think I have the first 5 or so), but Dave Mustaine is not getting any more of my money.

20. edgeofthorns

edgeofthorns 24 Hours Ago...

MetalMadman, I agree with you 100% on your stance. When it boils right down to it, most fans will only listen to artist that agree with their own personal viewpoints. Most of these fans consider themselves "open minded" too, which I find hypocritical. I guess it's better for artists to keep their personal viewpoints to themselves for business sake, but that's not fair to them as artists.

My personal opinion regarding politics and religion isn't a popular one here on the board. Personally, I don't think MegaDave is crazy. I may not agree with everything he says, but that's with most people. Ronnie James Dio is a great example for me personally. I love the guy and his legacy. With that said, I don't agree with how he viewed Christianity. He has a right to his own viewpoints though and his talent was nothing short of awesome!

~Brian~