This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mekong Delta - In a Mirror Darkly

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Harley D, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Harley D

Harley D Member

This album should appeal to many here. Unfortunately, can't find a YouTube post yet.

Mekong Delta for PP 2015!

"It’s the hoped-for complex and ambitious album, and of course we wouldn’t have accepted anything less from Mekong Delta. Like few other contemporary groups, the German progressive thrash metal band surrounding mastermind and bassist Ralf Hubert continues to stand for innovation and independence in 2014. All those looking for pure mainstream or mediocre muzak have to look elsewhere – Mekong Delta score again with their intelligence, unwillingness to compromise and courage. Their new album is called In A Mirror Darkly and picks up thematically where its 2010 predecessor Wanderer On The Edge Of Time left off. “For me, music doesn’t start with A and end with Z, it’s an ongoing process,” Ralf Hubert explains. “In this respect, you could call In A Mirror Darkly the continuation of the Wanderer theme, but it’s no copy, it’s an independent recording. Each Mekong album sounds unique and forward-looking in the original sense of the term. As a composer, I consciously allow myself to drift to be able to consistently explore new horizons.”"

2. Purveyor Of Evil

Purveyor Of Evil Heavy Metal, INC.

I want IRON SAVIOR back for PP16! I love the new album and would love to have them back!

3. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

I would love to see these guys.

4. Locust0311

Locust0311 Shopping Ape

Seconded. Wanderer on the Edge of Time was my favorite album the year it came out, can't wait to hear this follow up.

5. Harley D

Harley D Member

I'm having a blast with the promo. Technicality and superb songwriting make for a compelling listen.

6. Met-Al

Met-Al Member

I would also love to see this band at ProgPower, not only to witness this crazy music live, but also in the hope that they would bring their albums to sell at the show. Every year, I scour the vending area hoping to find any of their material that I don't already own, but I've only managed to score five albums total. It seems that nobody carries "Wanderer On The Edge Of Time!"

Stay metal. Never rust.
    Albert

7. TempleOfBlood

TempleOfBlood Active Member

Interesting band. Their recent stuff to me is more enjoyable then their oldest stuff, and there aren't many metal bands I can say that about.

8. Claus / Intromental

Claus / Intromental 20 years of uniting the powers of metal

One of my all time favorite bands! And Martin is an amazing singer, by far the best they've ever had. Unfortunately I don't feel this new album is that great :(

9. Random Axe

Random Axe Common Sense Man!

I've never heard a note form this band before tonight. Sounds pretty good. I found one tune from the Wanderer and liked it. There are samples on amazon to preview the new album, which are brief. I'll have to investigate these guys. I'd always read the name but dismissed them for whatever reasons, probably all bad ones.

10. Liquid Tension

Dances of Death and Kaleidoscope are my two favorites.
    Wanders was excellent also and I'm looking forward to this new one...

11. Harley D

Harley D Member