This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Melodic Death Metal Mix

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by Cyanide_Anima, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Cyanide_Anima

Cyanide_Anima yooveesevenbeekay

Sup guys. My band project is looking to release an EP in the near future and we are testing mixes and all that fun jazz. Looking for feedback. I don't have much experience mixing vocals. I probably didn't filter them as much as most of you guys would, but I didn't want the vocal to sound completely processed. I am totally open to suggestions! What would you guys change?

#1 Cyanide_Anima, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  2. Nuno Filipe

Nuno Filipe You talkin' to me?

Sounds quite good but the toms seem to be too hard panned, they are sticking out too much. Otherwise, everything seems good.

3. Cyanide_Anima

Cyanide_Anima yooveesevenbeekay

Ahh, yes! They are indeed sticking out quite a bit. Thanks for the head up! For some reason I figured it was a volume issue that I couldn't get right (headphones). I'll bring the panning in a bit for sure.

4. Nikolas Quemtri

Nikolas Quemtri Mix 'em all!

Bass, kick and the guitars sound punchy and solid together - liked them much!
    The snare is a bit clicky for me (wish less attach and higher mids to it). Agree with Nuno regarding toms panning - that makes them sounding kinda separated. One might want them to be quiter a little as well.
    The vox are just great, cool song!