This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mesa Boogie Mark V 25 Watter

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by Rob Logic, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Rob Logic

Rob Logic yayyyyyy!

Been a long time since shared anything and thought I would throw up a clip of this Christmas gift to myself. I have only played around with it for a couple hours but wanted to try and get a mic on a speaker to see how it tracks. Used the Lasse/Mago DI pack so I didn't waste time scrutinizing my playing and focus on dialing the amp :p

Mesa Boogie 2x12 cab mic'd with an SM57 to the side of the dustcap and 1" off the grill. Xtreme Channel with the gain at 3 o'clock, EQ engaged with V-curve. No post EQ what so ever. I put an EQ on the track and did a basic hi-pass/lo-pass but ultimately bypassed it on the bounce just to show how well I think it does on it's own.

Clip Here

2. Fagulhakc

Fagulhakc Member

It sounds amazing to me Rob Logic. Very heavy, but very organic too. Double or quad tracked?

3. P-E

P-E Munchkin

Sounds great, very nice and neutral. I'm sure a nicely dialed-in tone like this could take a lot of EQing in order to fit a mix before sounding weird. :)

4. Rob Logic

Rob Logic yayyyyyy!

Just double tracked. If the clip was quad tracked I probably would have used way less gain.

5. Rob Logic

Rob Logic yayyyyyy!

Yeah, super happy with the purchase. The EQ can be super usable with extreme settings when adjusting the presence knob. I've found the treble and the presence controls to be the most critical controls on the amp. Adjust those two guys for attack, use the EQ sliders for shaping tone and the gain for obvious impact and you can't miss. This amp is also wicked loud.

6. mva801

mva801 Member

Sounds bitchin. I miss my big Mark V. Kinda want the mini.