This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mesa Dual Rectifier 2-ch and Impulses

Discussion in 'Backline' started by jani78, Jan 22, 2008.

1. jani78

jani78 Member

I read from this forum that Mesa Dual Rectifier preamp should work even if StandBy switch isn't turned on. I tried at home using the following setups:

Mesa Dual (StandBy=Off) Fx Send -> FireWire Interface -> DAW with Impulses = no signal
    Mesa Dual (SatndBy=Off) Slave Out -> FireWire Interface -> DAW with Impulses = no signal

My amp is older Mesa Dual Rectifier 2-channel model. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Misunderstood

Misunderstood New Metal Member

I don't know why anyone answer you. I try to record my Mesa Dual Preamp, You have to put a jack into the Return. Then follow your first Setup, and Switch the stanby On. Then you have to find an equilibre from volume level of the Amp and the signal on your Interface.

3. kaomao

kaomao Member

I have a 2ch dual recto myself, but I think it doesn't work when set on standby!
    Btw I never had any problem recording at loud volumes so I never tried putting it on standby and see if I can get some tones "silently"