This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Metal Fashion Vs. Rap Fashion

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by dargormudshark, Jun 3, 2004.

1. 5thSeason

5thSeason agent of brutality

I hate goth kids, they annoy the shit out of me.

The only good thing about the whole goth scene are goth chicks. While the majority of them are fat and unappealing, have a million piercings on their face, and look like they have never showered, there are some really hot goth chicks out there who dont take themselves seriously. I dont mind them at all =)

2. Sóti

Sóti Surrealist

I Hate People Who Define Themselvs By What Music They Listen Too. I Like to wear Von Dutch, American Eagle Etc,But I Still Listen to metal, and I usally have more knowlege of metal then people who wear all black and dress up.

3. None_So_Vile

None_So_Vile Malign Paradigm

Goth chicks piss me off, i wont go near any girls that take their image that seriously

4. Sóti

Sóti Surrealist

Preppy Chicks are the hottest, i like girls who know how to dress!

5. Caelum Adustum

Caelum Adustum Call me Ishmael

I have long hair, because I like long hair.
    I wear jeans all the time because they are comfortable.
    I wear band shirts because I like the bands, so if they have a fucking shirt I'll wear the fucking shirt.

NO FUCKING COMPROMISE!

6. FauxPerspicacity

a fashion discussion should not be in the fucking general MUSIC forum nonetheless a METAL forum

7. Hulk Hogan

Hulk Hogan Member

fuck this shit! trends are for weak pussies! i walk my own paths! fucking deep paths!

8. dargormudshark

dargormudshark Senior Member

Judging by you'r username (USMC0341), you are a Marine, therefore you are certifiably hardcore metal! I salute you and you're devil dog brothers!

9. dargormudshark

The late great Frank Zappa once said that a music genre cannot exist without a clothing trend to accompany it.

10. dargormudshark

Name me a music genre that has not had a fashion to accompany it?

11. V.V.V.V.V.

V.V.V.V.V. Houses Ov Mercury

12. Nico

Nico Onward!

Well thats an easy way to stop and argument before it starts.

But to the topic, I must admit I cant speak out of experience. I havent been to any 'big' shows because there are none within a 3000km radius of my location. The local gigs that used to go on about 2-3 years ago were full of cool people who didnt care about their appearance, only about 1/4 of them wearing band shirts. So my point of reference isnt very strong, but it's all I can use from experience.

13. ShadowOfDeath

ShadowOfDeath Warrior of Black Metal

Most shows i go to people wear band t-shirts of the bands they're into, very few wear anything else. It represents them. Example: I commonly go to shows wearing a cannibal corpse shirt or iron maiden shirt. Or some random tourshirt i bought at that show or at another one if i like the band. I'm not trying to "fit in" to any fashion, just kind of a way to show what kind of bands i'm into. Then i also wear jeans and sometimes this vest/jacket kind of thing i've had for years and worn to every metal concert, i just make it a small ritual to wear it, it's more a psychological/traditional thing for me. I don't know why i do it. I did it without realizing the first few concerts then have ever since even though it's covered in paint, tears, and shit like that.

14. crimsonfloyd

crimsonfloyd Active Member

There are several reasons I like wearing band shirts. First of all I like the way longsleeve and black shirts look on me. So odds are thats what I'm gonna be wearing. Well it's wonderful coincidence that metal bands make such shirts. Now why would I wear a plane black shirt when I could wear something with awesome imagery on the front that actually means something to me? And yeah, I mostly wear dark jeans, but the pants I'm wearing right now are made out of some other type of fabric (don't know what it is though...)
    On the topic of clothes my Burzum Filosofem and Hvis Lyset Tar Oss shirts arived today. God these are such nice shirts.

15. FluffyDonkey

FluffyDonkey Ride The Spiral.

I dunno about the rest of you guys, but i wear black most of the time, a band shirt and my jeans (only cause they save my arse on the bike, It would be shorts otherwise,) and boots, not goth boots or doc martins or any of the shit, for the last 8 years i have worn nothing but my steel toe work boots, they go hard, and i have a pair that i wear to every gig i go to, they have sen quite a few shows and are almost dead now. if ppl don't like it or think itis a fashion trend, thats their problem,

the whole world is to obsessed with what everyone else thinks,

Fuck that.

16. USMC0341

USMC0341 Dead Cold Day

Much appreciated dargormudshark...that means a lot to me...especially nowadays...

JB

17. Life Sucks

Life Sucks and then you die

Yeah, hip hop fashion seems to be one of the norms today. Black/hip hop culture has an enormous influence on young people (below 35-40) in general these days. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing hip hop clothes, and I don't dress "metal" either.

18. crimsonfloyd

crimsonfloyd Active Member

Man I want a nice solid pair of boots so bad. I'm sick of these fucking shoes that only last a few months and let every liquid seep through them! Not to mention boots really just add a nice intimidation factor, which, honestly I like to have...

19. Sóti

Sóti Surrealist

I almost never wear black

20. skeptik

skeptik Member

Exactly.