This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Metal for the Brain 1999

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Ralphe, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Ralphe

Ralphe Go the ROOSTERS!

19 years ago today i saw Dungeon for the 1st time at Metal for the Brain. Since then i got to see them play in Sydney, Wollongong, Canberra, Newcastle, Melbourne. Later as LORD i would get to see them in Sydney, Goulburn, Canberra, Wollongong, Melbourne, Shinjuku(Tokyo), Nagoya, Osaka. 20181127_214831.jpg

2. Nitephyre

Nitephyre LORDwhore/Andy's ManSWOS

Holy fucking shit... those names! Such throwback, many cheaps! :D

3. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Amazing memories! I think we got a pity add because someone pulled out and they needed to fill the spot. 4 years later, we headlined the main stage upstairs, so I guess we did OK proving we were worthy! Haha!

Name change aside, it's weird to see how many bands we've outlasted when I look at these older posters. There's actually a song on the new album about that, in fact.

Man, I miss M4TB!

4. Ralphe

Ralphe Go the ROOSTERS!

They were amazing times. I went every year from 1999 until it finished a few years later. The bands were just a bonus really. It was just great hanging out with fellow headbangers. Partying at the Carotel Motel. Using the "I'm with Lord Tim" line to get into Rockape the night before.

Strangely enough. I didn't get this poster at the 1999 event but a few years later. I dont remember which year i got the poster but it was actually the year it got cancelled and they put on a smaller event with about 5 bands. Someone obviously found this box of posters that didn't get used in 1999 probably because they were too big to display. It is a huge poster i think it's about 100cm tall and 70cm wide.

5. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Yeah, it was shitty it was cancelled... but then again, it was pretty awesome playing with Destruction that year all the same :)

6. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

I always used to look north enviously from Melbourne, wishing I could attend. I probably should have gone up one year.

That 1999 lineup was great. I've seen quite a few of the bands, but wish i'd seen Armoured Angel.

Pod People are on the lineup - I went into a shop the other day and got chatting to the owner about music and turns out he was their vocalist.

7. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

MFTB was epic. I went with a friend of mine who put some shiny squarish balloon around his head and someone thought it would be safe/fun to headbut him. Lol. The best part was that many of the bands were in the audience when they weren't playing.