This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Metal @ the workplace

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by Mr. Arch, May 21, 2011.

1. Mr. Arch

Mr. Arch Member

As a metal fan, iam proud of our beloved genre, so getting a none metal listener to listen and appreciate the musical journey often puts a smile in my face.. so thus cranking up an album or two in the office could shatter some barriers and open up some ears. Usually i mixed it up from doom to ballad thrash, goth to experimentel, death to acoustics, and somtimes to string in some danceble metal tunes so they don't immediately shout to turn my speaker off. so far i had a results but not that many.. buts still cool.

2. mutantllama

mutantllama Awesome custom title

I tend to play a lot of traditional doom and traditional metal at work.

3. Mr. Arch

Mr. Arch Member

on a side note, although i play them a variety of metal i dont get off playing somthing NU like linkin park... its throwing them off of what metal is about.. like last year when a new guy came, and seeing that iam a metal dude try conversing on how he loves linkin park and the voxs menacing screams. Obviously, he dosen't know shit about metal, and just respected the fact that he likes it.

4. Astrum

Astrum Psion

I keep to myself when it comes to that stuff. when i'm out with a bunch of people it's all party music club music rap whatever, when i'm home or by myself is when i listen to intricate music. i used to try to push my music on other people, but i could care less now

5. Master_Yoda77

Master_Yoda77 Juggalo

I played Antaeus once at work. My friends proceeded to kill themselves.

6. Cythraul

Cythraul Active Member

I have never played my music at any job I've had. That wouldn't be allowed. When people are in my car I play my own stuff because it's my car and if they don't like it they can walk. And then, of course, metal is always on when I'm hanging with metal friends. Otherwise, I never try to force my music on other people, and I really don't understand guys who try to convert people who don't give a shit about metal. Insecure much?

7. Avigrus

Avigrus Member

I have headphones plugged into my pc at work... works a treat.

8. -CC-

-CC- Something in My Eye

This thread reminds me of the good old gem:

#8 -CC-, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  9. zerostatic

zerostatic Damned in Flames

I play metal at work whenever I can get away with it. Played a few songs of Under the Sign of the Iron Cross by God Dethroned when I taught a unit on World War I a few weeks ago. I Usually play Aces High by Iron Maiden and I have shown the video for Cold Demons by Vader when I teach World War II.

10. Kreated

Kreated metal nationalist

Why has only one person mentioned headphones? That's the obvious way to listen to music of any kind at work. Hell I use headphones at home, because mine have a very crisp sound better than my usb speakers

11. sevag00

sevag00 Order to Chaos

Pretty obvious people use headphones at work. Nobody listens to music with speakers in the office.

12. Raina

Raina Cineva de undeva.

At my last workplace (don't work anymore, since I'm busy with finishing the Economic Studies Academy), I listened in my headphones, however it wouldn't have been uncommon for people to put some traditional metal, hard rock or industrial (most in my departament liked Rammstein). Also, since it was an advertising company, you could hear music, puns and bad jokes everywhere... it was a cool job :lol:.

13. Mr. Arch

Mr. Arch Member

Not actually to persuade people but at least a taste of what thier missing. In the office right now he who blows his speakers first gets to b d dj... but we all respect each others taste. and i also dont bludgeon them w the real heavy stuff, at least only in doses he he. thier liking something when their actually listening. once i caught one singing the chorus toa voivod song he he

14. Kara-Shehr

Kara-Shehr Member

I've played everything from Deathspell Omega to Vektor to Mercyful Fate over the loadspeakers at my job. I've gotten to the point where I just don't give a shit what people think of it. They play the same god damn 20-30 songs over and over again so when it's my turn I have a little fun. People have given me "what the fuck is this shit" speech a couple of times. I usually tell them tough shit it's what I like and we're listening to it.

15. Vilden

Vilden From the holy kingdom of Harmonia

I bring albums with me when I have access to a stereo otherwise I have my earphones in pretty much 24/7 when I'm at work. But I'm alone 99% of the time at work so nobody cares.

16. Mr. Arch

Mr. Arch Member

yeah they do routingly play the same stuff over and over thats why i had to break some cycles he he

17. hendecatope

hendecatope Member

I play metal through my speakers at work. I am fortunate that there is enough distance between myself and my office mates that it does not bother them.

18. PlasmaShock

PlasmaShock Member

Headphones. Also I had a co-worker that would play metalcore but people complained so I told him turn off his shitty music and listen to something better.

19. damnromulans

damnromulans Klingons do not faint

Earbuds or no music policy. I like to remain the "mysterious quiet person who spends a lot of time in the bathroom" at most of my jobs. Metal is a pretty personal thing to me and I don't want to have to explain why I like it to people. If for some reason I worked at a job where we had "share your music day" I'd put on something really safe, maybe Metallica or Megadeth.

My better half used to work IT tech at a ClearChannel radio station and he would put on Anaal Nathrakh to keep his coworkers away.

20. Mr. Arch

Mr. Arch Member

Yup, metallica even at there thrashiest is still welcome to be heard at work. as for megadeth, only youthanasia is welcomed..They coudnt take endgame, rust, peace etc.. even youthanasia's close cousin cryptic and countdown. i seldomly play black or death, only when im work alone. And if if it's not my day to play, of course put on my headphones.. pushing metal too much might result in them hating it more he he