This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Metalcore mix. the usual stuff. Listen anyway!

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by Sinister Mephisto, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Sinister Mephisto

2. oroinvictus

oroinvictus dangert billy

Drums are a too loud and overpower the guitars. Cymbals sound too loud and overcompressed. Guitars need volume and a lot less low-end.

3. Jmathews7999

Jmathews7999 New Metal Member

Sounds overall pretty good, I agree with the guy above me about the drums overpowering the guitars somewhat, but sounds great so far. How did you get the stutter, pitch down effect at the beginning? I've been using some vst's to try and get a similar sound but I really like what you did there.

:Spam:

4. IBmixin

IBmixin Member

stutter fx are easy and there are lots of ways to go about it.

the pitch thing is just a tape stop.... usually u can create a fade at the end of a region and change it to a slow down....
    for the stutter u can use a noise gat side chained to a bus that u have something quick like a kick triggering it....
    or u can manually slice edit your wav

5. Sinister Mephisto

Yep. It's just vari fi, and then chopped up manually, I like the way it sounds though because we did a double and then I doubled both of those with pitch shifted tracks lower in the mix. Glad you liked it! I think you guys are right about the drums and guitars, however the guitars were on purpose because the band asked for a scooped/muddy sound ala Motionless in White. Anyway, I'd definitely make an update but the band already put it up on fb etc haha. Sooo I guess it's done. Thanks listening!