This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Metallica "Frantic" sample

Discussion in 'Anathema' started by Thortyir, May 7, 2003.

1. Thortyir

Thortyir Watch out for BLÖTT!

I listened... it's not bad but kinda very strange!

I'm just back from blabbermouth.net where I've read this:

U.S. Military Using METALLICA And DROWNING POOL As Instruments Of Coercion In Iraq - May 18, 2003

U.S. military units have been breaking Saddam supporters with long sessions in which they're forced to listen to heavy metal and children's songs, according to Newsweek. "Trust me, it works," says one U.S. operative.

The idea, says Sgt. Mark Hadsell, is to break a subject's resistance by annoying that person with what some Iraqis would consider culturally offensive music. The songs that are being played include METALLICA's "Enter Sandman" and DROWNING POOL's "Bodies" from the Vin Diesel "XXX" movie soundtrack. "These people haven't heard heavy metal before," he explains. "They can't take it." Few people could put up with the sledgehammer riffs of METALLICA, and kiddie songs aren't that much easier, especially when selections include the "Sesame Street" theme and some of purple dinosaur Barney's crooning.

FUCKIN' AMAZING!

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Member

yes, it's immense intense whatever- ense ;)

i always thought, this album was weird ......nice cover artwork though

didn't know they made another one, any good?

3. ucsbdude

ucsbdude Stargate Addict

Ahh....no, PanterA is actually a kick ass band unlike Metallica so please don't ever lump them together :Smug:

4. cedarbreed

cedarbreed Don't mean nothin'

hahahahaha ... of course Pantera is shit, Slayer is shit, Sepultura is shit ... all 80's bands are shit and killed metal hahhahaha !

5. sol83

sol83 throw it up

boy, this is getting tiring... :Smug: