This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer/Anthrax tour

Discussion in 'Testament' started by redfly, Dec 15, 2009.

1. redfly

redfly Ruled By The Riff

Just heard about this tour,it's only in Poland and the Czech Republic for some reason.Honestly do Slayer fans care about Metallica at all?Slayer fans are brutal,at least back in the day.Maybe that's why it's being held where it is.?The hatred from the fans doesn't run that deep there maybe?And who is singing for Anthrax?I haven't heard.But if it's supposed to be the big 4 I think they need Joey on vocals.
    This is going to be made into such a big deal,but I think we have the way better more authentic tour with Slayer/Megadeth and Testament.
    Metallica is going to get embarrassed on stage.

2. Alteredmindeath

Alteredmindeath Wasteland Survivor

Metallica play to 15,000 to 20,000 a night, Megadeth plays to 1,500- 2,000 I don't really see them getting embarrassed. I don't see why they announce this big tour and go to some assbackwards country like Poland. I wonder how long Mustaine will last before he gets kicked off the tour, and I don't even like Anthrax wBUSH so they are nothing to me.

3. redfly

redfly Ruled By The Riff

I just mean live compared to the other bands they aren't the best musicians and Hetfields voice sounds like a shitty joke to me.They do have charisma though.I'm not all that into Anthrax either.

4. Pascal79

Pascal79 Member

I'll take the Slayer/Megadeth/Testament show over the Big 4 anytime. Anthrax never did anything for me and they have completely fallen off the map the past 3-4 years. As for Metallica, they have gotten progressively worse since the Black album. Their last album IMO is a failed attempt at trying to come back to what they once were. Not sure why the fans praise Metallica's last album so much. I thought I was picking up another "AND JUSTICE FOR ALL", ya right! I should have returned it and got my money back or exchange it for some real metal.

5. redfly

redfly Ruled By The Riff

I agree completely Metallica sounds like a band just going through the motions.I really don't get how people who like metal think they are good.I laugh when I see them do something live.They used to rule but only for like 7 years they have been awful for like almost 20.And Anthrax does nothing for me at all.We have the better tour by far.

6. METAL GOD

METAL GOD In Metal We Trust

not sure who the vocals for Anthrax are...but it should be Neil Turbin...he was on the 1st record.

7. redfly

redfly Ruled By The Riff

I always forget about him!

8. nafnikufesin

nafnikufesin N.F.F.

Sounds like John Bush will be back on vocals for the tour, though he's not officially back with the band on a permanent basis. Anthrax certainly doesn't deserve him after they stabbed him in the back, but he's a good guy for doing it, and does have a great voice for Anthrax.

9. redfly

redfly Ruled By The Riff

How did Anthrax screw him?I stopped following them after Joey left so I haven't heard.But don't worry about John,did you know he is the voice in the Burger King commercials?!
    And from what I hear it pays pretty well.

10. nafnikufesin

nafnikufesin N.F.F.

Yeah, he's got a family and is making good money doing voice-overs, so he's not in a rush to re-join Anthrax on a full-time basis and struggle to pay bills touring around the world as an opening act away from family. Armored Saint has a new album coming out in March, but it's pretty much a side project for everyone involved these days. I haven't heard if they'll do much touring in support of it or not, but John would be wise to prioritize Saint over Anthrax if he does get back into music on a more regular basis.

As for how he got screwed...it's a long fucked-up soap opera, any singer that has ever worked with Scott and Charlie has pretty much been jilted or stabbed in the back in some way (just ask Billy Milano :lol: ).