This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Midweek Mayhem - Less than 50 tickets remain (update 9/6)

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by AngraRULES, Aug 26, 2014.

1. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

So close!!!

2. NorseBlood

NorseBlood franks n steins

Well.. We could all go political on this one, but I'll keep it clean. Is there ANYONE who likes TSA?

3. Oblivion Ocean

It was an amazing show! Pain of Salvation went old school and only played songs from Entropia and The Perfect Element. This included some of the songs you would expect for them to play from these albums and also some rarer gems. The band was totally lose and having fun, evidenced by them covering Kiss' Love Gun.

An amazing way to get things started.

4. OrionSon

OrionSon Member

Great show all around! Pain of Salvation covering Kiss before launching into and extended blues jam is something I never thought I'd see.

5. PureXul

PureXul Member

Theocracy was killer. I wish they had played "30 Pieces of Silver" and the mix was a little off at times (backing vocals and Jonathan's guitar were both low from where I was standing), but I can't fault the band for either the song omission or the mix. I haven't seen them since 2006 and Matt focusing on vocals really allowed him to step his game up as a frontman. Highlight of the evening for me.

6. templeofmax

templeofmax Member

Vangough was also pretty cool! Great band! Yeah, the mix for Theocracy was so-so! Vocals were really low and you could not hear the bassist's vocals at all!!

7. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

The jealousies are so rampant.

8. legionz

legionz Member

The POS show was bad. It's out there. Utter shit. Completely self indulgent with annoying jamming and obnoxious commentary. Garbage. Make it be Thursday and erase my memory of that performance.

9. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

Haters gonna hate. The POS show was an incredible experience of total surprises. I was expecting at least something from Road Salt, but they went sdenlotraight for the throat with all old material! Incredible, ballsy move. Maybe a little sloppy at times, but a great way to kick off ProgPower weekend. I, for one can't wait to see them again in a few days

Thank you Mr Gildenlow! You Sir, are a demi God

10. Oblivion Ocean

My guess is the more casual loose presentation is a counterpoint to when they do Remedy Lane. To me this was the special show that was hinted at leading up to it. It felt like more of a performance for a friendly prog power crowd, hence the joking around etc. They were not like that when they last played PP and I doubt the will be that informal on tour. As I said, for me them being so loose and having fun (along with the old school setlist) made for a unique show and made traveling out a day early and the extra expense worth it.

Also I thought Vangough was amazing. Seemed like by about half way through their set they had really gotten the crowd into the show. I hope they made some new fans last night.

11. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

Vangough definitely moved me into their corner! I picked up all 3 cd's even though I had one of them on my iPod already(...cough choke download...ahem...). They deserve to have their product purchased directly so they can make a little bit of money. Hope they gain some fans on tour.

12. nailz

nailz Member

How... ironic.

13. Riceloft

Riceloft Member

I thought all 3 bands put on a great show. We'll worth coming out an extra day early.

14. TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER

TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER Halcyon Way Sufferer

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jorJh8DTMVM[/ame]

15. LunaTEKKE

LunaTEKKE Madness Reigns

Curious if this was the best selling Mid-Week Mayhem ever. The place was packed. Kudos!!

16. legionz

legionz Member

No room for comments here unless you're fellating the band, I suppose. They can do no wrong!

17. caex

caex Member

There is a difference between saying you don't like a band and what you posted.

18. Formerly known as Chris F5

Lolwut???

19. Formerly known as Chris F5

Lolwut???

20. OrionSon

OrionSon Member

You were right though. I've only seen Wednesday's show and I'm already hoping my paperwork for the second job goes through soon so I can get the money for tickets for next year.