This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mix Crits

Discussion in 'Production' started by Wrath_Within, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Wrath_Within

Wrath_Within New Metal Member

Hey everyone! Fist post here, I would love to get some feedback on a mix I've been working on. Band is Above the Broken, I got the raw files from this forum. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I especially need advice on getting the master louder, which is something I always struggle with.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/etqbydtws4smsuy/Above The Broken Mix Clip.wav

Thanks!

2. jdolese1226

jdolese1226 Member

Well damn dude! Ima have to listen to id when im home on my monitors. But from my phone sounds like a badass mix. Only thing I heard that can be a bit annoying (to me) are the fills, change those velocities not just to sound realistic but so it not be so annoying haha. But again that's from listening on my IPhone.

3. Wrath_Within

Thanks for the input! Ill for sure go back and mess around with the velocities.

4. jdolese1226

jdolese1226 Member

Listening again dude, the mix sounds pretty good, just sounds like the mix is very mid rangy, maybe try boosting the presence a bit on the over mix, and maybe a punchier bass so that fucking hits. and it maybe a kick thing also, so maybe boosting that at around 95-130hz on the kick. so during the breakdown its really hardhitting. but besides that and the mixing missing a bit of the high end, this is really good

5. Wrath_Within