This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MMA

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by King Richard, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Caecius

Caecius Doomed Traveler

I don't really want to see Mir vs Lesnar again.

2. Rough Divide

Rough Divide Member

I like it, I'm not obsessed or anything but I do watch it from time to time, my friend usually buys the PPV's and I watch it with him and a couple of friends.

Yeah me neither, and yeah GSP is awesome him and Randy Couture are my favorite fighters. Brock Lesnar is just a artificial human he's practically filled with steroids

He did win and it was a great fight, it was pathetic though how Vera started complaining afterwards he didn't do enough to deserve the win so I don't see why he had to be a sore loser.

3. Vossyrus

Vossyrus Member

I agree.

I don't have much faith in Carwin yet but I hope he beats Mir. I personally can't stand Mir, and I've always felt he was completely overrated and overhyped ever since the Tim Sylvia incident. I'd rather see Junior Dos Santos or Cain Velasquez get a title shot as I think Cain matches up very well with Lesnar.

I hope though that UFC can bring in Overeem though.

4. King Richard

King Richard Against the wind...

I want Fedor in the UFC. That guy would rip shit up.

5. Caecius

Caecius Doomed Traveler

I'm disappointed that Belfort got hurt before his fight with Silva. That would have been a great fight. This will be a good test for Damian Maia though.

6. Krigloch the Furious

Krigloch the Furious Pants full of poo

WEC tonight. lots of good fights. watch it faggots!

7. Vitor

Vitor Unconventional [Listener]

i'm waiting!!!

8. Vitor

[​IMG]

GSP is gonna win another easy fight. Dan Hardy can't with him. Paul Daley should be the fighter against GSP tonight, cuz he is the best English at this moment.

I'm not sure about Mir x Carwin, don't know what's gonna happen.

John fitch and Thiago Alves would be great, but it's not gonna happen tonight, so, Fitch doesn't have a difficult work to do tonight.

9. CF87

CF87 Active Member

Hardy is going to destroy Pierre. It's to bad am not renting this.

10. Vitor

no way!!!

11. Vossyrus

Vossyrus Member

I agree with Vitor...there's really no reason why Hardy should win this fight. He's basically just got the proverbial "puncher's chance" against GSP and that's largely blown out of proportion because of the fluke-win of Matt Serra.

I really want Carwin to win so Frank Mir will finally shut up. Though I admit I don't really have a lot of faith in Carwin to win tonight...Mir's probably going to win. :erk:

12. Vossyrus

Vossyrus Member

Nice to see Carwin win the fight, same with GSP though I'm surprised the fight lasted that long!

13. Enemy242

Enemy242 Member

I feel like such an opposite, I really don't get into UFC at all and maybe watch it once a month if it's on tv and I'm bored but I loveee doing martial arts. I've been doing Muay Thai for 6 months or so training almost every day twice a day for an hour or so and I'm not great or anything but I'm learning a lot and it's crazy jumping skill levels and being like whoa I don't remember being able to do this. Going from hardly being able to do a roundhouse to being able to kick so hard and precise that people crumple even while holding a kickingshield is pretty intense. I also do some Filipino martial arts stuff for fun with stick fighting, knife fighting and stuff similar to Wing Chun and I've done Penjak Silat a couple of times (which is insanely brutal) but Muay Thai is definitely my favorite.

The only person I like in UFC is GSP, he just seems like he has serious dedication and conditioning and an intense drive to win and get better that I think is awesome.

14. CF87

CF87 Active Member

Frank Mir and Hardy lost in the same night. You gotta be kidding me.

15. Badbird

Badbird Never banned

MMA is shit. Old school boxing is where it's at. I learned this when this year started.

16. Vossyrus

Vossyrus Member

How is MMA "shit"?

I used to watch boxing but I gave up on watching it several years ago.

17. Badbird

Badbird Never banned

I just don't like MMA anymore. At times it makes me think too much of wrestling, with all the promo and hype. I haven't seen boxing for a while now, I still think it's better than MMA garbage.

18. Vossyrus

Vossyrus Member

It definitely is becoming more hype-oriented but I don't mind that. Honestly, I'd rather someone say he's going to KO his opponent or insult him than the usual fill of "well, he's an excellent fighter so I'm going to have to train hard" etc.

But generally, I only watch MMA PPVs and don't pay attention to TV. I may watch UFC countdowns on occasion.

I got tired of boxing partially because it's all money first. You've got a few different guys within a weight class that are all title holders because of all the meaningless belts out there, and they'll never fight each other unless they get paid ridiculous amounts of money. They'll trash talk and the fights will never be made.

Even regarding James Toney, what an idiot. He comes over to MMA trying to make an easy paycheck (because it's an easy angle to sell) and gets offended when he's not offered the kind of money that he's used to in boxing. The whole time he claimed it was UFC who wasn't willing to make the signing happen then UFC makes him a fair offer and he rejects it. Now that he is signed, I wonder how much they actually agreed to pay him.

19. Vitor

Hahaha, Mir is very arrogant, but yesterday he swallowed that shit, and as i said, GSP is GSP, the best weterweight in the entire world. I don't know why Dana had chosen Hardy to fight with GSP, cuz there are a lot of better fighters than him.

and Tom, i like to watch boxing, but Pacquiao and Klitschko don't have a challenger good enough to beat them, don't you think???

talking about the ufc heavyweights, i don't enjoy so much cuz the best fighter isn't there, called Fedor. Lesnar or anyone can be even equal them him. FEDOR FTW!!!

20. Vossyrus

Vossyrus Member

Isn't Fedor fighting Werdum next? Not sure why...Werdum's striking is very average and Fedor has already proven he can deal with elite level jui-jitsu.

I'd like to think that there's still a chance Fedor could fight Overeem! Though Fedor's management has said they would want Overeem to test for steroids first :lol:

And UFC's heavyweight division isn't so bad because they've got Dos Santos and Cain Velasquez.