This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Must have DVD for drummers....

Discussion in 'Andy Sneap' started by GeertSamuel, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Zack Uidl

Zack Uidl Member

I love to watch drummers and I don't ever drum. I still would prefer Bobby Jarzombek but this guy is killer as well

2. PhilR

PhilR Studio Scapegoat

Personally, I really don't like these kinds of videos. I mean, he's an awesome drummer and all but the vast majority of players will simply not be able to relate to this demonstration of chops on such a ridiculously huge kit. When you set yourself so far from the average it just becomes a big spectacle of showing off in my opinion. I'd much rather watch a Bryan Mantia vid as he can demonstrate killer chops on fuck all of a drumkit, but I can gain much more from that.

3. J the TyranT

J the TyranT Thats just how it is...

Dude some drummers just like gloves, bro. Some guys tape the fuck outta their sticks, too. I do neither. If Im gonna be tracking for ages Ill tape a few spots on my fingers to keep blisters down, but thats about it. I DO own a set of gloves but I RARELY use em... only when my hands get just awfully sweaty to keep sticks from potentially flyin' abouts.

4. zvish

zvish Member

this music is more gay than crabcore i think ;p

5. GeertSamuel

GeertSamuel Member

I have huge bister problem on my right hand..there's nothing wrong with my technique. I've asked 2 previous teachers of mine to check into that, and both said I wasn't doing anything wrong.. So I only use a glove on my right hand..

6. Loren Littlejohn

Loren Littlejohn Lover of all boobage.

I sort of wish he was playing a 4 piece with a double kick pedal, 2 crashes, a ride, a china, and a set of hats.

7. MetalJonesy

MetalJonesy more metal, more booze!!!

i always have masive blister problems when playing drums... maybe its caus i hit em soo fuckin hard :-D

think the music is wicked! gnna have to check some of the other material out!

8. PhilR

PhilR Studio Scapegoat

I wear gloves so I don't have to work too hard at keeping hold of my sticks. I just use cheap builders gripper gloves though, none of yer fancy branded shit.

I've had some ridiculous blisters on my left hand (right hand was never too bad) but I seem to be avoiding them for the last couple of practices. Hopefully I've finally toughened up. :p

9. wlkr

wlkr Member

Check out this DVD. Legendary drummer with a pretty basic (except two rides) setup.

#29 wlkr, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015