This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My "final" drum mix?

Discussion in 'Joey Sturgis' started by Nico Hetfield, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Nico Hetfield

Nico Hetfield Member

Hello guys! first of all, thanks for the help you guys gave me in the previous thread. I have had the opportunity to buy samples at the joey store and this was my result, I really like this sound, but I would like some criticism of you who know more than me. [SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/nico-hetfield/bateria-2-1?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook[/SOUNDCLOUD]

2. oroinvictus

oroinvictus dangert billy

Sounds decent on its own, humanization of the midi notes could take the actual performance a long way in making it sound more realistic. However there's no point in listening to and critiquing the drums by themselves, because there's no context - you could have a totally killer drum sound but it will sound vastly different when it's dropped into a full mix with bass, guitar etc. Upload the whole song with guitar, bass & drums and then it will be much easier and more useful to give you critique.