This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My mom likes Opeth.....?

Discussion in 'Opeth (Archived)' started by Super Mahrio, Aug 14, 2003.

1. segaszivos

segaszivos Member

They only listen to stuff from the 60s and 70s and they don't like Damnation? I guess you mean the beatles, led zepplin, the doors, pink floyd, cream, the yardbirds, and other classic rock bands. Your parents are either pretty closed minded or being blinded by their hate for Metal if they like progressive classic rock and not Damnation.

2. L0bster

L0bster OneTwo!

My mom likes damnation too, I've made her a copy. She like some songs with growling too, at least the Still Life album and Dan Swanös moontower.

3. anonymousnick2001

anonymousnick2001 World's Greatest Vocalist

My mom likes their music, but she can't stand the death vocals. Well, actually she likes Mikael's newer style better than the one he had on the first two albums.

By the way, Jerkface really should be hit by a truck or something. For your information, you dickfuck, I actually respect my mom's opinion more than the other people I know(i.e. hang out with and *try* to *impress*). Having her like it even a little bit makes me like it a lot more. Who you calling a fanboy, shitface?

4. Alcapoth

Alcapoth S t a r E

Yeah, seriously...what's the big deal about your Parents liking Opeth, etc?

Anyway, yeah...my mother actually likes Opeth too, somewhat. She definitely cannot stand the growling (I know she'll never like that), but she loves beautiful music. She absolutely adores HARVEST (which is her fave) and likes To Bid You Farewell alot as well. But everytime she hears me play Harvest, it clicks with her somehow....

For fun, I let her listen to Bleak just to see what she would think? Her reaction? She loved the clean bits -"Devious movements in your eye...." and after she heard the growling...."how could they ruin the song like that?" Hehehe...growling just ain't her thing.

For the record, she LOVES Anathema overall the best.

5. warman

warman Wanker

You're even more gay with a post like that. And yes, I was laughing my ass off at your post, diarrhea drinker.

6. Hatebreeder86

Hatebreeder86 ex- posthunter

lolol warman is fucking right

7. Useful Idiot

Useful Idiot The Infested Monkey

Uh...I bet the average person would not mind listening to Damnation.

8. Super Mahrio

Super Mahrio Deeply Horrible Person

Well my mother doesnt really like anything that i listen to unless its like Steve Miller band or something she knows...She doesnt like Pearl Jam and she cant STAND Led Zeppelin and she thinks Pink Floyd is just too wacky...thats what makes it weird...She likes Ozzy however (mainly because she LOVES the Osbournes)...
    Even if im listening to like King Crimson or something she never says "hey thats neat!" In fact she once told me she hated Rush with a passion!
    Well she likes Damnation...i should make her listen to the whole record and see what she says...

9. Spike

Spike Blinded By The Light...

Woah! It's like Deja Vu all over again!! :eek:

And now it is confirmed the Jerkface is definitely an alter-ego for a pre-existing member on these forums. :Smug:

10. MightyDrynwhyl

MightyDrynwhyl Funeral doom is my life

At The bottom of a cold and lifeless ocean.
    haha this is great...

my dad listens to those 60s\70s bands...and reo speedwagon but he admits to liking opeth, katatonia, god dethroned,immortal, and nile

i dont know why but i find it hilarious when he asks for my nile cds lol

11. Metal Marc

Metal Marc New Metal Member

And my dad hates it when I return his Emperor, Graveland, and Burzum CD's and the disks aren't in the right cases. Boy, does he get pissed.

12. chaveta

chaveta Member

you parents are KEWL.

13. NFU

NFU I like pie.

Yes, im a fanboy because my mom likes a band i do. In fact, i wasnt really praising opeth at all, i was simply praising my moms open mind for music. so i guess that makes me a fanboy of mothers? :Smug:

Fucking Moron.

14. AbsentFriend

AbsentFriend Hail to the King

So you guys all live at home with your parrents still? Damn, then I must be really old..I don't, so I don't know if they like Opeth or not. I have an indication...I think, or presume that they hate it. My mom used to like some of the mellower stuff from metal bands (Nothing Else Matters of course). But I played mellower Opeth for her, but she found it boring...and she listens to German schlager musik (kind of German folk..), now THAT'S boring I tell ya...

My boss (a 45 year old women) actually liked Still Life a lot. She asked me if I had any CD's with me for her to be playing in het computer, I had Still Life with me. And she listened to the whole damn album!! Normally she listens to R&B and stuff! She said it reminded her of some bands her brothers played in the past like Rush and that kinda shit. so you never know what people will like. Just keep playing Opeth to everyone and SPREAD THE WORD! :headbang:

15. Super Mahrio

Super Mahrio Deeply Horrible Person

Im old too but i cant afford to move out...:(
    Now ill go sulk because i have a shitty job....

16. Leech

Leech aletheia

My father likes opeth, though he says his ears are too old to take all the growling, he liked damnation and opeth's other clean vox songs.

My mother thinks all of my music is about satanism, killing, and running around in the woods with really big swords so she tends to just shake her head at it... but i mean, she listens to celine dion so whatever. She also thinks my brother's music is all about busting a cap in someone's ass :lol:

17. AbsentFriend

AbsentFriend Hail to the King

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    this must be the funniest post I've ever read over here!! Hahaha

18. jinks

jinks All Mighty Overlord.

uhg.. yay your parents like your music! Want a cookie?

It almost seems like this thread is bashing Opeth.. oooh someone else actually likes opeth! yay! Hope it makes your lives that much better..

19. Deafbystereo

Deafbystereo Vulgar Display of Idiocy

My Dad quite likes some of Opeth's stuff, he said The Drapery Falls sounded like King Crimson. My sis likes em too, she has good taste in music.