This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Wait For You...

...you know you cannot hide. Join the forum today!

My new band. Rough draft. Not metal.

Discussion in 'Nevermore' started by Det Som Engang Var, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Det Som Engang Var

Det Som Engang Var Viking Bastard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljdO3wgTPJk

I did the guitars and backing vocals. We sound kind of out of sync, the solos are generic as hell but the other two guys insteded they stayed in.

I'd appreciate criticism, hopefully not to harsh cause I'm a pansy.

2. MegadeV

MegadeV Member

You know how people say "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? Well....

3. Det Som Engang Var

Thanks for your input. It was the first time the three of us played together. I did all the guiars. Is it because the chorus dosn't match up? Is it him or me?

4. MegadeV

MegadeV Member

Sorry, I'm not the best music critic. I'm mostly limited to a basic "it's good" or "it sucks" level of description. The biggest problem is that it is just not my kind of music. But considering it was your first time playing together, I guess it's not that bad.

5. Det Som Engang Var

Well, if you like Folk Metal my Youtubes in my sig, lol.

6. craptastic

craptastic Member

Should be the last time you play together too.

Jk

Not really

Nahh I'm jk

Nah, don't jam with them again.

7. Det Som Engang Var

lol, well, I will aspire to keep doing better. I've been playing metal so long, this is new to me.

8. El Stormo

El Stormo Member

Yeah, not to pile on, but right now, it's not very good. Your vocalist is off-key half the time, and the vocal lines and lyrics are very repetitive and delivered in a rather whiny fashion, making it difficult to listen to. And those lyrics... yeah.

9. Dead Winter

Dead Winter Not faggoty deathcore

It's not bad for what it is...your singer's pretty good. You are off-key, however. You're singing about two octaves below him, but your voice is flat. An octave isn't a harmony, it's just the same note only lower. Just like guitars, you need to find the proper harmony. Try a third or a fourth. Use a piano.

You need to find the key he's singing in and you both need to sing "LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" for about ten seconds together in thirds or fourths. If you hear a sort of "circular" sound underneath for lack of a better word, then you're singing in tune with each other. If you hear two distinct voices, one of you is off.