This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mystery Update

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Harvester, Jan 20, 2011.

1. kingdomgone86

kingdomgone86 Member

Whoops. Upon further research on the topic, I apparently don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

2. kingdomgone86

kingdomgone86 Member

3. 1000 Faces

1000 Faces Member

And in case you didn't know, Center Stage hosted hundreds of WCW TV tapings while that company was in business.

4. mel_progson

mel_progson Member

Actually it was with their original singer Johan Längqvist.

5. Sumeet

Sumeet Member

I'd love to see most of the bands mentioned in this thread, but most of them don't fit all of the hints that were given. Based on these criteria and potential logistical and financial issues, I was thinking maybe Devin Townsend... but after reading this thread and considering it a bit more, I'm thinking maybe it's this new Arch / Matheos project.

6. dcowboys311

dcowboys311 Member

There were some rumors a few months back about Ulver heading over this way for a few shows...probably not them but it would be really sweet. Especially since Arcturus is playing.

7. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

It would be really sweet. However, I'd be shocked if either...

1. Ulver ever actually comes over here, or
    2. Glenn would book them for ProgPower

Plus, I'm guessing the donations offered up, don't cover five round trip flights from Norway, much less the band's asking price for their first U.S. show.

8. dcowboys311

dcowboys311 Member

I do know that they were looking into it...they even contacted one of the venues in Atlanta. But yeah, I don't think it is them. Wishful thinking on my part.

9. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

Is that right? It seems like the rumors of Ulver coming to the U.S. always turn out to just be rumors.

10. dcowboys311

dcowboys311 Member

Yep. The booking guy from one of the venues around town posts on our local metal board to gauge interest for potential shows that he's contacted about. They don't always end up happening but I've found out about many tours that way far before any news hits Blabbermouth etc. Just pulled up the thread though and he said it would have been in January or February (this is from a few months ago) so doesn't look like anything's happening.

11. euleria

euleria the last in line

No way, given what Glen said about Arch in the Arch thread...

...but if this happened, I'll cancel my classes and fly down to Atlanta for the show in a heartbeat.

(My guess is Heir Apparent or Fifth Angel, but that's a shot in the dark, from someone completely stuck in the 80s apparently.)

12. mattbrood

mattbrood PPUSA Facebook *****

I'm totally stumped, but I'm sure it isn't any of the bands mentioned in this thread since Glenn said it would be a band that would appeal to people outside of the PP Forum. I'm sure we'll know soon enough! Good luck Glenn! I hope it works out!

13. VR

VR New Metal Member

W.E.T.

14. modernwizardry

modernwizardry I want stout!

Hammers of Misfortune

15. Sumeet

Sumeet Member

Interesting... I must have missed the Arch thread, so wasn't able to take that info into consideration, so I may have to reconsider my guess.

I would also be interested in seeing those bands, but I don't see how either of them fit any of the hints.

16. Smitdawg

Smitdawg Member

If I had any idea of what bands other then Jimmy Buffett, Evergrey, Savatage and Jon Oliva's Pain reduce Glenn into pure fan boy status, I could possibly come closer to hazarding a guess. I know he puts out his top albums of the year each year, but I still wouldn't know if any of those go beyond just really liking that album. But I imagine that whoever it is must be pretty good, since most of the time when he recommends a band that caught his interest, I find myself enjoying them too, with a few exceptions.

17. Stingray11214

Stingray11214 OSA Triumvir

Or Halcyon Way covering Jimmy Buffett. THAT would be a worthy addition. :worship::worship:

18. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

I don't understand some of the guesses here. It's not going to be someone who's straight up prog or power. I truly am stumped though. At first I was thinking it possibly could be Devin or PoS, but considering Glenn said the fanbase reaches beyond the forum I don't. I'm guessing this has to be somewhat of an oddball but not in the same oddball type way that Arcturus is. While I don't like them, I do remember Glenn saying he's always wanted Soilwork. He's a fan of Soilwork and they do reach beyond this festival. But I doubt it. I also could see it as some AOR band. Regardless though, I'm anxious to see who it may be.

19. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

I'm wondering if it is something related to an act who is already going to be at ProgPower, thereby only needing to add the additional elements. First guess would be Nevermore, but I'm sure others can come up with some possibilities.

20. Smitdawg

Smitdawg Member

Although, I don't think that would be possible at all, since Glenn said it means Creation's End would lose a little time, so the new band would be on Friday night, which is when Sanctuary is performing. So just don't see how they could do Sanctuary and Nevermore in the same night with hardly a break. But the idea of it possibly including people from one of the Saturday bands could be interesting. I don't know what possibilities that might could be.

edit: nevermind, I just remembered that Glenn switched some bands around on days before to get stuff in, so the new band could possibly be on either day I guess.