This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Need a short feedback on this! Woe Is Me style with real drums...

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by SawdustRecordings, Jan 23, 2012.

1. SawdustRecordings

2. Pre Studio Productions

Very nice! U pulled it off! Maybe make the kick a little more clicky? A tiny bit just to make it cut through. And bring up the snare just a tad. Good stuff

3. SawdustRecordings

Thx man, I was thinking the same! ;D But instead of bringing them up, I will bring everything down a bit, cause the master is already damn loud! ;D

4. Pre Studio Productions

Well to be hOnest I couldn't really listen on good monitors, so I had the volume a little low, but yeah man. Whatever works!

5. SawdustRecordings

Anyone of the 85 readers maybe having good monitors to listen to this mix? ;D

6. Backe

Backe Space Cowboy

i sense eq boosting on the overheads, they come off a bit thin and harsh. try saturating them for fullness, and then using some (more?) mastering eq instead, cuz the whole mix sounds a bit muddy and needs brilliance. clean vox sound really phasey, could be the tuning. a decent mix anyhow. really nice production. especially the breakdown stuff. just my 2 cents.

7. SawdustRecordings

thx!! the OHs are actually my problem on this. if i leave them more full they collide with the guitars and the syllables of the vocs. but now they sound thin.

the phase thing is another problem i'm having so often. it's the tuning, yes. i triple my main vocals (l,c,r) and tune them with graph mode. sometimes they come out phasey then because of the perfect pitch. what can i do against this? =(

8. Pre Studio Productions

well to be honest, i'd rather have someone critique my mix on regular speakers/headphones too! not everyone that's gonna be listening to your mixes, have ADAM A7 monitors in their house,car, or pocket lol

9. MondoLikeMetal

Just to add - Great synth work. Did you mix real and programed drums? (HH break sounds like a sample)

10. SawdustRecordings

I added some shell samples to support the snare and kick is kick ten. toms, 50% of the snare and OHs are real!

11. ForceTheTriggerSucks

Guitars sound a little weak. Wouldn't hurt to bump the bass up a notch me thinks. Maybe a little more around 10khz on the kick. Using kick ten that's generally where I find the best result. Other than what has already been mentioned that's all I got. Sounds good dude