This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NEED - Hegaiamas: a song for freedom

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by KingsGene, Nov 14, 2016.

1. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

2. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

3. grogg

grogg Member

Holy Crap I want to see these guys again. They were a great opener at PP XV.

NorseBlood likes this.
  4. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

5. WBS

WBS Member

This sounds really good. I am going to get flamed for this but I think I am the only person that did not like the debut. Was very cold to these ears and I could not find anything that would stick for me. Listening to this - this seems to be a big improvement to these ears. I am liking what I hear so far.

Brand

MelbCro likes this.
  6. Oblivion Ocean

Can you believe we get this and the new Pain of Salvation within a week of each other?? The prog gods are smiling down on us.

7. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

Full official album stream:

8. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

Orvam was not the debut album, but I understand what you're saying. Opinions are like assholes, we all have one. Yours just sucks lol j/k.

I am sitting here at work listening for the 3rd time. It's definitely warmer sounding, but what came before this is the reason I'm listening. They are absolutely a main player in theProgworld.

9. ToddS

ToddS Member

This one is fantastic! Same style as Orvam (which is great as well), but a step up.

I expect this to make my top 10. If it doesn't, it will be a helluva year for music.

10. ChrisK

ChrisK Member

I was expecting a bigger buzz among the PP USA community, as people here recognized (and later on witnessed on stage) the value of this band even from the previous album. "Hegaiamas" is a different kind of animal, but surely a step up for the band in many places. A brilliant album.-

Even better the band seems to start receiving the attention that it deserves. If you take a look at the reviews for "Heagaiamas" most of them are absolutely raving - and for many of the reviewers this was their first contact with the band.

I feel like I'm back in 2002. Back then "Remedy Lane" and "Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence" were dominating my CD player. Now it's "Hegaiamas" and "In The Passing Light Of Day" playing endlessly one after the other.

"Alltribe" and the title track are my favorite ones.

11. The Surfing Alien

Wow, this is amazing. I did not expect this. Melodies and singing is really great here . big production. Looking forward to hearing these live!

12. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

13. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

Orvam didn't land for me like it did for some many of you folks. This one's a different story. Liking it quite a lot after the initial listen.

MelbCro likes this.
  14. MelbCro

MelbCro Member

I had a very similar experience, I listened to the last album based on the acclaim it was getting on this forum. Ended up being incredibly underwhelmed, thought it was really average. But damn, this new album is great.

15. Random Axe

Random Axe Common Sense Man!

After spending a few weeks with this in the car on repeat I can safely say it's going to take a MASSIVE release to knock this from my top spot this year. Orvam was my no.1 in 2014, and this new one, while equal in quality is certainly a different beast.

As I told the George and jon, Orvam had a free form, experimental approach where one the best qualities was the organic compositions that felt like some measure of improvisation occurred during recording. The jazzy, ethnic elements mixed in where they shouldn't work are totally brilliant in their cohesiveness.

Hegaiamas is fully fleshed out, deeply written and has major attention to details. Every tiny nuance of this is accounted for yet it never once feels overwrought or overwritten.

I'm still trying to decipher the story but it appears to be evolving with each song. Bottom line this is an amazing cd and should have a broad appeal around here.

16. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

For those not aware, Need is on the bill with Seven Kingdoms and Ascendia for the upcoming Evergrey North American tour, starting May 6 to June 1st.

Kez likes this.
  17. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

18. Random Axe

Random Axe Common Sense Man!

Oh yeah, May 29 in Westland, MI. two of my three current favorite bands on one ticket. I could not be more stoked.

Kez likes this.
Tags: