This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Need help

Discussion in 'All About Tech' started by Knarfi, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Knarfi

Knarfi Yaba-daba-doo!

Okay, so here's the story.

My PC has been out of use for a while since it was flooded with virusses and whatnot while i was gone for 2 weeks and my father/sister thought they could download anything without problems.
    So, today i decided to format my pc. I had everything up and ready, and when I pressed F11 repeatedly in BIOS the option came if i wanted to boot via HDD or CD. I took CD ofcourse, but after that my pc wouldnt respond if i pressed a key at the "press any key if you want to boot from cd" thing. I retried a few times but nothing. It also didnt respond at the "do you want boot windows in safe mode" thing. So i thought its maybe because my keyboard is USB, and that the USB-ports were disabled during some of those screens.

So i decided to get an old keyboard, and (while the pc was still turned on) i plugged it in. It suddenly started giving some beeps, i heared something burning for a quick second, and the PC shut down. After that i smelled some smoke coming out of my PC, but i dont see any signs of burning.
    Now it doesnt boot anymore, as if there is no power supply in the case or something. When i looked at the keyboard plug i noticed one of the pins was missing, maybe this could have caused any problems, like a short circuit?

I hope anyone could tell me what could have been the cause, and/or what i can do to fix it. Thanks in advance!

2. CrappyMike

CrappyMike New Metal Member

um
    i study this at college
    and the best thing to do is tak it to a proffesional imo