This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

New Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by FearTheReaper, Nov 1, 2009.

1. ChockeHoldTerror

ChockeHoldTerror Survived Lake Bodom

I love AYDY but more BD i would be glad if the next albu, will be like BD~HB

2. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

I actually have that album and had to start playing it now after long time. It's cool. Nice feeling thorought. If only the vocals were more death.

3. FearTheReaper

FearTheReaper Member

I completly agree that Bastards of Bodom, Trashed Lost and Strungout, and We're Not Gonna Fall are extremly melodic. And those songs are also my favorites from the album. But they are the exceptions to the album. Many verses are done over simple chug riffs. And that is what i refer to as heaviness. Maybe i should of rephrased it into slow boring chug riffs, sorry for being misleading.

I dont agree that catchiness is important in all music. Bands do not need to be catchy in Metal to be be great. Metal bands are great because of complexity and musical composition. You dont have to be catchy to be memorable.

I dont think faster = better. I think controlled speed is better than a slower pace. Theres a difference between Burzum speed and COB speed. BD brought a faster pace back into COB's mix that was lost since HCDR. And Bodom was founded on speed. Banned from Heaven is the ballad of the album, of course its slower.

AYDY slower pace didn't fit Alexi's guitar style. I dont completly hate the album. But i just feel it is their worst. I love the fact it was experimental,and it aloud the band to explore new areas. But i just couldn't get behid the slower pace.

4. FearTheReaper

FearTheReaper Member

Sorry Mr.(Insert highschool english teachers name). I forgot.

Alexi's vocals were never good to begin with. The keys haven't really improved since AYDY,but they at least they havent gotten worse. COB will keep (keeps?) evolving,going into uncharted waters,and refining their sound. How it will come out?, its anyone (anyones?) quess.

5. FearTheReaper

FearTheReaper Member

Its one of the best Metal albums from this decade, thats for sure. Great guitar tone, perfect solos , good structures, amazing acoustic work, unpredictable bridges, and it ends with the best album closing instrumental i've ever heard. "The Howls of the Wolves".

I thought the vocals fit pretty well with the music. Tomas Lindberg is know for his growling depth. And he used a slightly higher vocal tone,to blend with the melody throughout the album. On the follow up to "Sweet Vengeance", "Decent into Chaos", Lindberg is more agressive,as well as the music.

6. EddyRX10

EddyRX10 rtard

You don't like ENDGAME wtf is wrong with you? :lol:

7. Undefined

Undefined Indefinite Entity

Has a few great tracks but a lot of filler ones too... It was nothing compared to United Abominations which I thought was amazing.

8. EddyRX10

EddyRX10 rtard

I'm pretty much the other way around. After the first 5 tracks UA seems to be all filler to me.

Where as Endgame raped my face

9. imacrapguitarist44

imacrapguitarist44 New Metal Member

Nm, removed my original comment lol probley piss people off.

I heard someone say alexi plays too chromatically though.

10. imacrapguitarist44

imacrapguitarist44 New Metal Member

I just want to hear alexi laiho use the wah pedal some more :)

11. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

So he should grow a beard and have a grin on his face while fapping the guitar? Or what do you mean? I totally support creativity when playing on gigs, like lying on a car when playing the first riff of Tie My Rope.. rather than just standing there and playing because people want to see your ass. Chromatical is a synonyme to colourful so I don't understand if you mean his habit or some theory stuff.