This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New album from Psycroptic is great

Discussion in 'Bar' started by H-evolve, Dec 21, 2018.

1. H-evolve

H-evolve Member

Thought I'd mention it for whoever is wondering what to listen to today.

For some reason, I loved the early stuff from Psycroptic, but the last few albums were never getting my attention all that much.

I can't put the finger on what they did exactly with this one, but it is truly great. I feel that, even if they kept it relatively technical, they made some effort to make it a bit more melodic. At least in my mind...

And, also, the production is great. It sounds like a tone of brick. Guitars are super tight, that bass tone is beast. As a matter of fact, I rarely say that, but the bass in general is just perfect. Both the tone, but also the bass riffs, are just top notch.

I highly recommend! :)

2. Genius Gone Insane

Genius Gone Insane http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com

link or didn't happen

3. H-evolve

H-evolve Member

4. bryan_kilco

bryan_kilco Member

Got into these guys around 2002-2003, thought they were killer. Kinda fell off the train for a while and really got into their last album, forget the title. The riffing is just phenomenal. They basically can do no wrong, even if a lot of their riffs/keys sorta sound similar, it’s all excellent in my book. I’ll have to check the new one out.