This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by RICJAMES, Jan 1, 2017.

1. CharIie

CharIie Moss

Woltimon and COB-666 like this.
  2. CharIie

CharIie Moss

I think they actually planned better to prevent leaks this time. On Japanese Amazon, it's out on March 9 XD

3. CharIie

CharIie Moss

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A bit scary when it shows this on my order page XD Look at the album cover XD

COB-666 and NewHewkas like this.
  4. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

what a fucking cunt you are. Just as much as the kids IDontKnowWhatToWrite describes.

5. CharIie

CharIie Moss

Well, I don't blame him for that. I insulted pretty much all the children of his country of origin. I mean, it's obvious I couldn't be referring to ALL British kids, but only to the one I've met and have had to put up with. Plus, children might be angels out of school and little demon with their teachers. Some parents truly are surprised when we complain about their kids behavior during parent/teacher evenings. Anyway, my post was rather a way to get something off my chest on a not-so-public place and to underline the value this album got for me. It might be shit, I might hate it, but everything I've heard so far and just the very idea of my all-time favorite band releasing a new album helps me go through this shit.
    Some people have bigger problems, some people don't have problems, some know how to handle their problems, some don't. I, personally, am on of the latter. And music has always been my refuge in time of angst. And that was the whole point of my post rather than a free insult of the British kids.

So I'll admit, they make it hard to keep your cool with their behavior ^^"

AlixSB likes this.
  6. Norbix

Norbix Member

Your doing god's work being a teacher to begin with. Kids are frustrating as hell, but it does really come down to parenting IMO. State of the world is pretty despicable. Lots of kids raised by single moms because of the culture shift that happened.

How old are these kids, btw? If they're young, you shouldn't let them boss you around. If this is high school or whatever send those fuckers to discipline. Detention, suspension, whatever.. show those fuckers who's boss. I went to high school in urban NYC area and I've seen some a lot of disgusting disrespect towards teachers, but most of the time it was because there wasn't any repercussions. The teachers were scared.

Hang in there, buddy.

7. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Dude, the bottle of red wine... when you drink a liter of freshly pressed mandarin juice before bed, you'll be just fine the next morning.

8. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

9. mrs.bodOm

mrs.bodOm ~Kissing The Shadows~

Hi guys! I wasn’t going to write but I listened to the new album last week and reading all the comments here, I’m just to excited not to share my thoughts.
    But first, I wanna pay my respects to sleeper666 who is no longer with us. She did such an awesome and devoted work back in the day with ScythesofBodom and so, even up until lately. I truly appreciated all this and I think most of us here. RIP

As for the new album, I legit got tears in my eyes when I was listening to it. Ok, maybe I’ve had a bottle of wine or two, but tracks like the title track, or “Kick in the Spleen” really had that old school vibe going on, I got chills. Also “glass houses”, what a fucking amazing track!!! BAM vibes right there. More technical tracks like “relapse” or “say never look back” are also fairly entertaining, I quite enjoyed listening to the whole album overall. I believe it’s one of those cases where the singles are the weakest tracks the album has to offer. To me, “under grass” is maybe the most generic track out of it. Anyways, I’d say this album is a bit like HCDR meets Blooddrunk and HOB with many neoclassical/oldschool references too. Like one that stands out rn is the bridge part at “kick in the spleen”, totally similar to SNBN bridge part, followed by epic keys! chills!! I’d say this one is my fav. I hope they play it live.

anyways, that’s about it! I think most of you will be pleased with it :)

<Arcane>, ESA1996, NewHewkas and 4 others like this.
  10. Woltimon

Woltimon Member

Damn now I'm dying to hear the new album asap :( and you got me pretty excited for Kick in the Spleen with that SNBN similiar bridge... so I either have to wait for a leak for atleast for another 48h when it's up on Spotify :/

11. Woffer

Woffer Member

Used to frequent SoB quite a bit back in the day, sorry to hear it :(

I get super emotional and moody listening to music in general so now you got me even more hyped for the album!
    They'll surely include some of those hexed tracks on the upcoming tour. Can't wait to see them next week.
    Meanwhile got free tickets to see In Flames and Within Temptation tonight, lets hope its fun.

12. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

Rest in Peace :(

13. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

Well, shit. Never really used SOB but Sleeper was always quick in posting interviews and stuff to the forum, which was nice. RIP.

How'd you get to listen to the album Mrs.Bodom? Kick in the Spleen sounds far more interesting now than it did before :D

14. mrs.bodOm

mrs.bodOm ~Kissing The Shadows~

Well this album has been ready for quite a while, I was lucky enough to listen to some samples while I was in Finland some time ago, but I do write music reviews and interviews for a webzine, so it’s usually 2-3 weeks prior to the official release that we receive the promo files. Print magazines even earlier.

LOL

15. Norbix

Norbix Member

Man, I was thinking to myself only a little while ago where has sleeper gone. Rest in peace.

16. COB-666

COB-666 Active Member

Rest in Peace. :/

17. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

Tease? Wtf man this isn't a soap opera, show some respect.

18. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Shit, that's sad.

I remember having a great time with her when I was a mod on SOB. She helped me a lot with the murder archives/bodompedia.

What happend?

mrs.bodOm likes this.
  19. CharIie

CharIie Moss

New Tyr album leaked. Due on March 8 too.

20. Lari

Lari Member

Terrible news about sleeper666's passing. She was, no doubt, one of the most active, kind-hearted and unselfish contributors for all of us here who like to geek out on things relating to the band. Hats off.

mrs.bodOm likes this.