This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by RICJAMES, Jan 1, 2017.

1. garlicbread11

garlicbread11 Member

Would you guys mind PMing me, too? :p

Or would someone mind uploading the songs to youtube, but unlisted, then sending the links? Can't get removed if it can't get flagged :D

2. CharIie

CharIie Formerly known as Joker and IDontKnowWhatToWrite

Man, I couldn't be more pleased to hear that. What's your opinion on Say Never Look Back? That's the one I had the highest hopes for.

3. CharIie

Check your PMs.

4. PussyfootMS

PussyfootMS Member

Me too, was very hyped for Say Never Look Back and it delivered better than expected :D

5. CharIie

Lucky bastard :D

PussyfootMS likes this.
  6. ==>Mask Of Sanity<==

Glad to hear good things so far

7. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

The keyboard/guitar bridge in Say Never Look Back is very nice. Knuckleduster (Remix) is the most bizarre song in their entire discography.

PussyfootMS likes this.
  8. CharIie

Wow. Included the covers? That would make it extremely bizarre XD

9. rj rl

The guitar solo in Glass Houses is so free flowing and oldschool, wish Alexi developed the theme further, it kinda just ends abruptly.

10. rj rl

I guess Hecate's Nightmare is gonna be the song I skip on this record, doesn't work for me at all. The riffs are too simple and repetitive and Jaska is doing this stupid 80's hair metal drum beat through the entire song, never changing the tempo.

11. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

I still think old Knuckleduster was better...and let me just say that IDontKnowWhatToWrite man...all these guys including me got old and grumpy...you are the real fan and don't let anyone or anything break you! It's good to see someone still excited as a teenager for the new album! Good luck with your daily life issues :D

rj rl likes this.
  12. BodomBlueMoonHC

BodomBlueMoonHC Bodom Fanatic

I only just got through Glass Houses so far but I'm fucking sold, holy shit what a track

13. Inceptionist

Inceptionist It's Not My Funeral

Anyone have a link? Won’t have access to my computer for like 12 hours, will try to listen from my phone if it isn’t a .rar file.

14. ==>Mask Of Sanity<==

You get link! You get a link! Everyone gets a link! :rofl:

I guess I’ll take one too lol

Inceptionist likes this.
  15. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Glass Houses starts so fucking pumped up but after 2:30 it just gets weird and boring and like they didn't know how to finish the song...and similar thing with Hecate's Nightmare...but maaan Kick In The Spleen is the real shit! That solo is oldschool fucking rampage

BodomBlueMoonHC likes this.
  16. Norbix

Norbix Member

First impression of soon departed is it's a very strong track. The solo seemed unremarkable, and there are no leads, but it works well. Kind of like this road. It's very solid modern COB. I like it.

17. CharIie

Can't tell whether this is sarcasm or not, but I'll consider it isn't. I wouldn't consider myself anymore of a fan than others here. The fact that we are on a deserted Bodom forum is already the proof that we are quite dedicated to this band. But I think that Bodom has never disappointed my musical tastes. Or actually, they did twice, with Prayer for the afflicted and Was It Worth It?. That's literally the only two songs in all of Bodom's discography that I can't listen to and enjoy.
    Point is, I discovered the band during their transition period (discovered them with Follow The Reaper album at the time they were about to release Are You Dead Yet?). I didn't know enough of the band at that time to have expectation regarding their musical directions, but I loved everything I heard, melodic, heavy, chugga-chugga, neo-classical, etc. And therefore, I've continued to like everything they've made. Included Relentless Reckless Forever, to the surprise of many "true fans".

As for my excitement, well, it is that of a teenager when it comes to Bodom :D I still remember when I was waiting for Blooddrunk, Relentless Reckless Forever, Halo of Blood, I Worship Chaos and it was exactly the same feeling of excitement as I have now. Hasn't changed since I was 15 :D

Johnny_victor likes this.
  18. Norbix

Norbix Member

First impression of Glass Houses is I'm not sure. It's not sticking. Again, not enough lead guitar. I'm not sure the pre-chorus and chorus work. It's going to take a lot of listens to try and appreciate this track.

19. Norbix

Norbix Member

I like Hecate's Nightmare. It's groovy, got headbanging moments, good solo, and it's got that cheerful but also heavy sound. Thumbs up for Hecate's.

20. Norbix

Norbix Member

Man, I had very low expectations for kick in the spleen. I thought it would be a typical trash track, but I'm glad I was wrong. This song feels like HCDR, it's got ANGER for the first time since 2005.That interlude is fucking incredible. First time I've gotten the goosebump feel from a COB in a long time! This song can definitely be on HCDR EASILY!!! Wow!!! A real solo, too. SLAP MY ASS SIDEWAYS!!!

mrs.bodOm likes this.