This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by RICJAMES, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Inceptionist

Inceptionist It's Not My Funeral

Hell yeah, found the link, got it working on my phone too.

Glass Houses is the tits but kind of weird

2. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Maaan it isn't sarcasm! I am not here to provoke or act stupid, trying to have good chat with everyone here, even the ones I don't understand sometimes haha. Just I started listening to Bodom at the age of 15 and they have been my favorite band since, they will always be. And I had a girl, love of my teenage days, and we both were the most psycho fans...and I am just glad to see someone as excited as I was back in the day and when the times were different...because even I now myself have doubts and don't get excited over music that much anyways, and it's good to see some people are, well...not done yet! It gives me the hope back as well...so cheers!!!

CharIie likes this.
  3. Norbix

Norbix Member

Guys, the track Hexed is the real deal. I can't believe my ears. I have never said this about any modern COB, but this one can belong on Follow the Reaper album. It's carried by leads, its high energy, its got a neoclassical twist, the chorus is so catchy, my god I can't believe my ears. It's got a mystical outro, too (which is kinda weird but whatever).

Fucking GREAT SONG!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny_victor likes this.
  4. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Okay so for me the weakest tracks are:
    Platitudes
    UGAC
    This Road
    Glass Houses
    Hecate's Nightmare

The last two actually start really well and the irony is these two I was expecting the most. But they both kind of feel unfinished towards the end.

5. ==>Mask Of Sanity<==

Mind passing along that mobile link pls

6. Norbix

Norbix Member

Relapse is a pretty cool song. It's simple, but it's effective. It's got a good solo that really serves the song well. The main melody is a bit over done, but it doesn't feel that way. It's got a section that sounds "desperate" like Done With Every Die For Nothing. Very solid modern COB.

7. BodomBlueMoonHC

BodomBlueMoonHC Bodom Fanatic

First impressions:

This Road - Still a great track
    Under Grass and Clover - Still pretty good, a bit repetitive
    Glass Houses - Very good
    Hecate's Nightmare - Great, better than the slow songs off the last album
    Kick in the Spleen - Incredible, those solos at the end, wow.
    Platitudes - Tbh, maybe the weakest song so far. The bridge section just repeats and goes on forever, no guitar solos.
    Hexed - What a surprise! Wasn't expecting to like this song as much but wow. The ending sounds really cool and caught me off guard.
    Relapse - A short and sweet catchy one. Great song.
    Say Never Look Back - Didn't disappoint. Great guitar/key lead in the middle. And Jaska gets a drum solo? Wasn't expecting that! The very end is almost the exact same as the end to All Twisted haha.
    Soon Departed - I was looking forward to this one a lot and once again, not disappointed. I love how dark it is.
    Knuckleduster - I probably had a stupid grin on my face the entire time because I love what they did with this one. The chorus is a lot different and I'm surprised they didn't mess with the solos too much (which is a good thing).

This will end up being better than IWC imo, I don't know about HoB (my favorite CoB album) but more time listening to this will only make it better. I don't see myself skipping any of these songs.

Norbix and Johnny_victor like this.
  8. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

And oh god that remix of Knuckleduster sounds like Rammstein and rave music mixed together :rofl:

BodomBlueMoonHC likes this.
  9. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

Since everybody and their mother have it, and Amazon is not reacting to questions to why the release was pushed back, I’d happily take a link too :)

10. Norbix

Norbix Member

Say Never Look Back is surprisingly good. Simple, but catchy and good interlude. Alexi's interlude skills are out of this world. Not an amazing song, but it's fun to listen to.

This could change since I'm living in the moment right now, but for me Hexed is easily the best album since HCDR.

11. Supra

Supra New Metal Member

Does anyone have link for Phone?

12. Norbix

Norbix Member

Who the fuck is in charge of picking singles? Kick in the spleen and Hexed should have been the singles!! No doubt about it.

I'm over the moon with the song Hexed, can't get over it. Especially after the IWC. Maybe daniel had a positive effect on the song writing. This album doesn't have "weird" or "off" sections that previous modern COB songs have.

13. BodomBlueMoonHC

Hey, what's up with the ending of the Knuckleduster Remix, after the silence? What is that!!?!?!? Was that supposed to be the one minute Intro song? It appears to be anyway.

I am just going to name this song "It Was Me" since we don't have a title lol.

#1433 BodomBlueMoonHC, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  14. Woltimon

Woltimon Member

For anyone wondering, the download worked for me but I can't listen to it on my phone aswell. I sold my pc some weeks ago and currently waiting for my new one.. is anyone so free to send me a link of the files via something that works on phone ? Some kind of cloud or whatever :D

15. Christvirg

Christvirg New Metal Member

If a mobile link exists, I’ll gladly take it as well.

Thanks!

16. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

Seems like it! The remix is weird as hell though...

I think the singles are picked as always to satisfy the crowd and to sound more like pop music. Usually they never choose the best songs as singles!

BodomBlueMoonHC and Norbix like this.
  17. BodomBlueMoonHC

Yeah, that remix was......something. I'm curious to why they would put something like that out? Surely they had to have some input.........

18. Woltimon

Woltimon Member

Wow you guys get me so excited for the title track

19. CharIie

CharIie Formerly known as Joker and IDontKnowWhatToWrite

Dude, you gotta love the freedom of wording in the English language. I love this type of expressions haha.

Well, I hope I'm never done then ^^ But I have little hope, I feel this excitement only for Bodom's and Brendon Small's music. Everything else I used to love became just "ok" to me.

20. BodomBlueMoonHC