This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by RICJAMES, Jan 1, 2017.

1. CharIie

CharIie Formerly known as Joker and IDontKnowWhatToWrite

Sweet. I haven't listened to it yet, just 2 more hours to wait. Do you think they should have kept it as an intro song ?

2. Exedo

Exedo Member

Would love a mobile link aswell, sounds really promising :tickled:

3. BodomBlueMoonHC

BodomBlueMoonHC Bodom Fanatic

It has a nice melody, I think it should have been for sure. It segues into This Road pretty well I think.

I forgot to mention it has vocals and lyrics which makes this all even stranger.

4. garlicbread11

garlicbread11 Member

Everyone is having trouble with mobile compatibility afaik. If anyone has free time/the ability, could you upload to Youtube as unlisted videos and send links?

Woltimon likes this.
  5. BodomBlueMoonHC

Check your PMs guys, let me know if it works :)

Anyone who needs mobile-friendly links, PM me!

rj rl likes this.
  6. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

What I like about Soon Departed is that it's full of stuff going on unlike the slower songs off the last 3 albums which were mostly pretty empty and boring.

The disappointment of the album this time is the drumming, seriously lacklustre. That 80's stuff I was talking about is going pretty much through the entire album. You know, this type of stuff.

7. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

BodomBlueMoonHC likes this.
  8. Johnny_victor

Johnny_victor Member

you know Say Never Look Back has some interesting drumming, as well as Hexed...but yeah rest of the album is more or less typical Jaska's thing.

9. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

Well, this remix is clearly a tribute to the early '90s ,it was a trend back then, Fear Factory's Remanufacture for example a whole album remixed.

Btw, after that song, is just a hidden song, imo. Like HiddenKeyboard Something Wild was.

10. akamouzis

akamouzis Member

could someone kindly PM? please and thank you!

11. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Did a quick listen to the album... The title song ist easily one of the best Bodom songs I've ever heard. And I don't like Glass Houses.

12. BodomBlueMoonHC

I absolutely love Glass Houses, but the second solo feels like it's going to go for a few bars, then boom it's gone.

That's really my only major gripe for the entire album (so far).

13. Norbix

Norbix Member

Yeah, soon departed sounded alright the first time but the more I listen the more I pick up on things. Becoming a favorite of mine.
    Thank you someone else is appreciating the title track as much as I am. Glass houses is like "almost there". The pre-chorus and chorus could have been something else, and the solo could have been extended a bit more. Shame because it's got a lot of good stuff.
    Agreed with the solo. Maybe I'm just not yet "getting" glass houses yet. It's been a few listens and I can't really get into it as much as I want to.

14. Norbix

Norbix Member

You know how we were just saying stupid ridiculous shit becomes really popular these days? Watch this remix become the biggest success of the album... lol

15. BodomBlueMoonHC

I was sleeping on Relapse when I heard the Track by Track sample.....now I feel dumb because I'm loving this one now after a few spins.

16. Woltimon

Woltimon Member

So I just finished listening to the album... holy fucking shit that was awesome! The Singles are probably the weakest songs of the album especially "This Road", I like UGAC and Platitudes is great in my opinion.

This album sounds definitely like they are back on track. Soon Departed and Say Never Look Back, the two songs I wasn't that excited for are waaay better than I expected them to be while Glass Houses sounds kinda weird, but I go through it a few more times today. Overall the album was definitely worth the wait and I can't wait to listen to it again :D Ranking the songs later I guess

17. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

Hexed 9/10
    Soon Departed 8/10
    Knuckleduster 8/10
    This Road 7/10
    PABW 7/10
    Glass Houses 6/10

Can't remember the other songs but I think will go somewhere between 6 and 8.

UGAC 2/10

And fuck! What is this Knuckleduster remix thing?! :D I'm not sure if I should give it a 1/10 or if it's just brilliant but I don't see it yet :D

Overall I think this could be the best Bodom album yet.

18. BodomBlueMoonHC

I can't even begin to rank these tracks! I remember one review saying that there really isn't any "filler" on this record and I think they were right. Every track has it's own identity and at least one thing that sticks out very well. And yeah, the singles are easily the weakest on the album but I even like those. My least favorite on the album is probably Platitudes but that song is still better than say, I Worship Chaos and I Hurt from the last record.

Woltimon likes this.
  19. rj rl

The bridge in Say Never Look Back along with the main melody in The Waste of Skin are the most Bodom pieces of music CoB has put out since HCDR/AYDY.

20. rj rl

The remix sounds like it lacks a couple tracks, certainly a guitar track. Maybe the wrong version leaked lol.