This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by RICJAMES, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Norbix

Norbix Member

The choices of songs from Hexed is disappointing but not surprising. I was hoping they'd at least play kick in the spleen, it would be a good way to open a show. My hope is that by the time they play the NYC show that I'm going to, the crowd's they are playing to are bored half way through UGAC and they replace it with one of the better songs from Hexed. This road is a good song but I don't think it's a great choice for a live song because while it's good, it doesn't really have great energy or headbanging moments. PABW only has the melody going for it.

I think Kick in the spleen is a very easy choice to play live. It's exciting, fast, and short. Hexed probably won't happen because it's too long-winded with the back to back verse and chorus. Angels Don't Kill is definitely a better song than Soon Departed but Soon Departed is fresher. I think they should replace ADK with SD. Hecate's is also a single now so if that would also be a better choice to play live.

2. Woltimon

Woltimon Member

I would agree to replace ADK with Soon Departed and This Road with Hecates Nightmare. Then get out of the 90min comfort zone and add Kick in the Spleen and we already have a nice 14 songs setlist :)

I wonder if we ever get to hear Northern Comfort live

#1622 Woltimon, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  3. ToshinIsAbsolute

ToshinIsAbsolute New Metal Member

Lol, right after Valve makes half life 3 maybe.

Good album btw, better than expected and probably on par with AYDY/BD, but it could be because it's still fresh in my mind. Definitely superior to IWC, obviously.

Woltimon and COB-666 like this.
  4. Woltimon

Woltimon Member

I do have hope that they do something special to celebrate 20 year of Follow The Reaper :D maybe playing the full album + 5-6 other songs wouldn't be too bad, but at the moment I just want a cool Hexed Eu tour.

On the 20th Anniversary and the HoB tour they played 16-17 songs

COB-666 likes this.
  5. PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden To ride the storm ...

Going tonight in Montreal, this will be my 17 th CoB show. I was all excited about it until I saw that lame setlist this morning. I don't know how you guys come up with 90 minutes, the playlist of this show is 54 fucking minutes. 54 !!! with the banter between songs it will be an hour and 10 minutes max.

The attendance for them is declining fast, at least here in Montreal where they used to play in front of 2300 people.Since a few tours they have downsized to 800-900. With setlist like that it certainly won't help... they are young, it was the first show of the tour, so unless someone is sick and they had to cut it short it's beyond me why they had such a short set. Mind me, it's a good one but we need at least 6 more songs on that setlist, with preferably 2 or 3 more off the new album. Personaly I would have love the title track and Soon Departed.

I have missed them only one time since 2004 here in Montreal (that time where they played with the awful Black Label Society) but for the first time I regret buying a ticket. I know once there I'll have a great time but it's the last time I buy my ticket before knowing the setlist first...

Cheers !
    PowerMaiden

#1625 PowerMaiden, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Woffer likes this.
  6. Woffer

Woffer Member

Most of their recent shows in Montreal sell out, at least for the past few years. But yeah, I get the same feel. I really hope the setlist.fm list isn't complete. If you look at Wolfheart's set(fucking love them) its on 3 songs long, or ~20mins, lol.

getting kind of tired of them playing IYF, ADK, Hate me. Also I really like HCDR as a closing song as opposed to Downfall.

Cheers, see ya at the show tonight.

7. P4T0U

P4T0U Member

Going there tonight also. I wished they kept Banned From Heaven OR SKO, KTS and Towards Dead End on the list... and maybe more HOB/RRF songs too

Woffer likes this.
  8. Deadman5hadow

Deadman5hadow Member

This Road

Platitudes

tragician likes this.
  9. tragician

tragician Hermotriekaleina22/7

Can't fuckin wait to hear Platitudes live! Going to a lot of summer festivals it seems since they're not playing clubs in finland at all this year. Was kind of thinking of going to Russia though... Haven't heard anything from Radio Rock about the New York show ticket competition, I bought the album three times to take part in it :D Because I had a strange dream about it before the competition was announced so I had this gut feeling that I might win.

10. Woltimon

Woltimon Member

90mins is what Alexi said in an interview, that's their casual stage time as a headliner. Which isn't too impressiv when I compare them to Dragonforce who played close to 2 1/2h infront of maybe 400 people back in their 2017 tour for 22€....

11. Woffer

Woffer Member

Yeaahhh, nah, fuck that. I am kind of upset. Their set ended at 22:45. Usually headliners(including cob) endsufgA at 23:15/30. They could have easily slipped a few more songs in. Slight thing to correct with last night's setlist. They opened with AYDY... that's pretty much it. Wolfheart and StS put up a good performance.

On a side note, like, holy fucking fuck does Alexi look thin. I legitimately felt bad about his weight. I've seen him skinny throughout the years but holy mother of fucking shit did he not look healthy tonight.

Attached Files:

#1631 Woffer, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  12. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

They should be playing Knuckleduster, but I guess they don't want it to take all the attention from the actual new songs. :D

None of that new shit is gonna stay in the setlist. And only Hecate's Nightmare is good enough to even deserve a live chance. The songs are played nice but they miss the epicness. I don't want to sound rude, maybe it's just my opinion. Alexi could've fixed this by emphasizing the best rhythm and best melody idea of each song.

13. Andry_Wildchild

These recent setlists are a huge disappointment. I do like those picks I just feel like there is too much (old) stuff missing. I hope this is just a transitioning set list coming from the many shows they have played in support of SW’s 20th anniversary

Woltimon likes this.
  14. Woltimon

Woltimon Member

I hate to say it but I guess you're right. Was RRF the last album they played more than 5 different songs of ? I think the big problem is their stage time. Like I said on the last EU tours they played around 3 more songs. If they want to support Hexed they should add 3 songs from that album on the upcoming tour and please replace ADK :D

15. PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden To ride the storm ...

Ok I'll admit it, the show was awesome. They still kick ass big time even with the short set (although they play one more song than in Quebec as they opened with AYDY and moved Sixpounder before ADK.)

It could have been longer but when you are experiencing this set it's not as bad as reading it on paper.

The Montreal crowd makes up for it as it was just a big fucking moshing party throughout the whole set

Cheers
    PowerMaiden

Woltimon likes this.
  16. Woltimon

Woltimon Member

Except for the new songs and If you want Peace it feels like I have seen that set already 6 times :D If that's the Hexed tour I want them to play songs from that album ^^

COB-666 likes this.
  17. CharIie

CharIie Moss

I couldn't agree more. Do tours for the old albums and tours for the new ones. When you tour for the 20th anniversary, you play old songs. When you tour to promote a new album, you should play more song from that album, at least 5!

Hecate's Nightmare
    Kick In The Spleen
    Hexed
    Say Never Look Back
    Soon Departed

Just do this...

COB-666 and Woltimon like this.
  18. CharIie

CharIie Moss

And avoid the motherfucking singles... They fucking pick the worse song from the albums! Except for Downfall and Trashed Lost And Strungout, no album had the single as best song...

Something Wild - The Nail
    Hatebreeder - Downfall
    Follow The Reaper - Children of Decadence (though Every Time I Die is fantastic)
    Hate Crew Deathroll - Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood
    Are You Dead Yet? - Trashed Lost And Strungout
    Blooddrunk - Banned From Heaven
    Relentless Reckless Forever - Ugly
    Halo Of Blood - All Twisted
    I Worship Chaos - Windershins
    Hexed - Soon Departed

19. Woltimon

Woltimon Member

Thank you Sir!

That was already my problem with IWC and HOB, they played like the same old songs they play now and just throw in 3-4 songs from the album they try to promote with that tour.. doesn't make much sense to me. 5 new Songs and 10/11 old ones would be perfect, I don't see the problem. You would still have 2/3 of the set oldschool stuff

CharIie likes this.
  20. Woltimon

Woltimon Member

Well since Hecates Nightmare is a single from Hexed :D but I still would love to hear Platitudes live and Glass Houses or Relapse! so many great options to get some variety into their live shows...

Before IWC was released Alexi talked about how cool it would be to play more songs from that album live and it turns out they just play the singles and Suicide Bomber (2 times) right before the new album comes out .-

Btw. nice to see some love for Ugly :D