This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by RICJAMES, Jan 1, 2017.

1. COB-666

COB-666 Member

#1741 COB-666, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Woltimon likes this.
  2. Christvirg

Christvirg New Metal Member

Alexi guitar clinic canceled today due to health reasons...

3. garlicbread11

garlicbread11 Member

Yup, didn't find out until I got there, either :(

Hoping the shows still go on, and that he's present for the VIP ticket holders.

4. COB-666

COB-666 Member

5. Norbix

Norbix Member

That's bad. Hopefully it's nothing worse than aka said about not eating because of the ulcer. They're playing just about every day until the 19th (which is when I see them). Maybe they'll hook him up to IV's or something to feed some nutrients and calories into his body after that.

6. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

If it’s the ulcer (which would explain his throat problems; if his stomach hurts he can’t use his diaphragm so he uses throat to produce raspy vocals, which will irritate his vocal chords) he needs acid pump blockers and painkillers. In such case opiate meds should be concidered to avoid irritating the stomach. Even if there’s risk of addiction involved, he’s not gonna play live in such pains anyway.

Of course he needs to change his diet, limit coffee to 1-2 cups a day, use e-vape instead of cigars, add strawberries and oat porridge and bananas etc to the diet, there’s lots of stomach healing foods in the plant world.

#1746 (__Joonas__), Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Woltimon and COB-666 like this.
  7. garlicbread11

garlicbread11 Member

What happens at the clinics, anyway? I was bummed that he didn't show up, but I couldn't find any videos or anything of the clinics from the past week.

8. (__Joonas__)

I think he'd play some new songs to demonstrate a guitar and the new album, and answer some questions.

9. srob7001

srob7001 I shred faces off for fun

God I miss this version of Alexi...hope he gets well and can get back to this version of his old self. Any version of himself has got to be better than the current version.

And of course this guy and his skills.....keep it up man!!! Love your videos!

P4T0U and COB-666 like this.
  10. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

He claims to feel well and now he's cancelling stuff? And if he does eat like Henkka says but has lost weight, something isn't right. An ulcer by itself shouldn't cause that either, GI organs heal quick and his weight loss has been going of for a while. Unless the ulcer isn't being treated because he's one of those guys who doesn't go to doctors. Now that he's married his wife surely should be getting on his case about taking care of himself.

Woltimon likes this.
  11. Woltimon

Woltimon Member

Yeah it's so weird, but let's wait what happens between the tour and summer festivals. Alexi should relax with his wife and take care of his health for a while

12. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

My girlfriend is doctor and says it's either cancer, anorexia or some psychic thing.

13. COB-666

COB-666 Member

I hope it's not cancer.

Woltimon likes this.
  14. Woltimon

Woltimon Member

Do you think Alexi already visited a doctor ?

15. akamouzis

akamouzis Member

i really dont think its cancer folks. if he had cancer do you really think he would be spending possibly his last days on a tour bus? even if he was super stubborn about it dont believe his family, friends, wife, and even band mates would allow that.

#1755 akamouzis, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  16. garlicbread11

garlicbread11 Member

I think cancer is unlikely, as well. He's been putting a LOT of effort into promo shit and insisting there's more Bodom to come. I don't think it's anything very final.

17. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

I do also think it's not cancer. But who knows... Maybe Alexi didn't visit a doctor yet so maybe he hasn't any diagnosis.

No, he's too young for cancer. And if it would really be cancer, he would spent his last weeks/months with his family and/or wife.

SWHBFTR likes this.
  18. (__Joonas__)

I think they'll wait until Alexi's back in shape before playing Knuckleduster live. It would just feel too weird now.

19. Among the Ruins

Among the Ruins New Metal Member

Reminder to everyone who listens to the album on their computer:

The "secret" 1.30 min song at the end of the useless Knuckleduster remix was supposed to be the first track . The album flows way better when you start with that.

After listening to it many times, I think it's their best album since HCDR. There's at leats 4 or 5 songs that should qualify as classics. The five albums in between have 0-2 'classic' songs each, in my opinion.

COB-666 and SWHBFTR like this.
  20. akamouzis

akamouzis Member

so last night i saw them live in boston and i got the VIP package so i met them.......and i gotta say Alexi looks even more frail and weak in person. he also seemed to walk very slow and almost with a very very slight limp literally like an elderly man. during the show i was only a couple rows back so i had a very good close view. He was not able to play or sing with energy at all. to me especially after seeing him in person it is very clear that there is in fact something very seriously wrong with his health, and if something doesnt drastically change for the better soon i dont see this guy living even a few more years....thats how bad he looks.

#1760 akamouzis, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    COB-666 and rj rl like this.