This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by RICJAMES, Jan 1, 2017.

1. COB-666

COB-666 Member

2. COB-666

COB-666 Member

" Animated video for "Hexed" released!

The RMIT University in Australia spent the last 15 weeks working on the video, resulting in a black and white animated clip. Producers Aaron McLoughlin & Simon Norton spent around 3000 working hours with their team to create the video.

Henkka adds:
    “It’s such a cool thing to have a video of one my favourite tracks of the album. And the fact it’s made by Aaron and his 25 students in Australia is even cooler. The black and white calm mood suits perfectly to this not-so-calm song. The lake and it’s reflection makes a perfect ending for it.“

Credits:
    Created by students in the Bachelor of Design (Animation & Interactive Media) program at RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia
    Directed by Lucas Cappy & James McIntosh
    Animated by Zachary Bossie, Elizabeth Brown, Jordan Caine, Lucas Cappy, Claire Gibson, Cassidy Liddle, James McIntosh, Nathaniel Ng, May Nichols, Kate Schumann, Debrina Setiawan, Yifan Shi, Oscar Song, Jale Soysal, William Thomasz, Song Yingxue, Bao Yiquian
    Produced by Aaron McLoughlin & Simon Norton "

#1822 COB-666, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    <Arcane> likes this.
  3. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

This is propably their best music video. I wonder who came up with the idea. I guess either their teacher, the students or Kelly.

I hope they will release the last frames with the reaper in the background as a high res picture.

4. Hatebreeder8

Hatebreeder8 New Metal Member

All the post HCDR-albums have been hit or miss for me. Great songs here and there on all of them, but in general they are much worse than the first four.

With that said, I think Hexed is the best one from all of them. The proper way to listen is to start the album with the Intro-song (hidden at the end of the Knuckleduster remix). It was supposed to be the first song on the album. Alexi talked about it in interviews between the recoring and release. I wonder if it was the band or label that decided not to use it. This Road seems to flow much better with that intro.

Most songs on Hexed are great in my opinion. Seems weird to me that anyone who has followed the band these last 15 years or so would consider it a bad album compared to all the other ones released in that time period.

P4T0U likes this.
  5. Hatebreeder8

Hatebreeder8 New Metal Member

Would also add that the intro perfectly sets the mood for the albums lyrics. Hexed (in my opinion) has the best lyrics Alexi has ever written. Not that high of a bar I guess, but they feel very genuine.

For instance, I don't think UGAC that good musically, but the lyrics moves it up a few notches.

6. CharIie

CharIie Formerly known as Joker and IDontKnowWhatToWrite

Joonas is that you? XD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

No @dark5hadow is a member of this forum under the same name afaik.

8. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

What people don't realize when they make fun of Joonas is that some people really do perceive music as literally colourful. It's called synesthesia. They hear a note and they hear it green, or purple, or whatever.

9. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

^I don't think I have pure synesthesia, it's more a mental association with colour psychology. An album might sound yellow or blue to me because of its general sound, because of its musical feeling, and because of its approximate pitch. Now, these three aspects should usually go well together if an artist has any sense of style. But it's more or less esoteric how one perceives these, and might be clouded by what we've got used to. For example that song discussed above (Kick In the Spleen) gives a dark blue vibe to me, maybe slightly violet, but definitely dark blue.

How is the synesthesia system even agreed on, is it the different wavelengths in sound as there are different wavelengths in different colours? For me it's just the mental image, feeling and psychology that springs to mind depending on the interval (soft or unstable), the sound used, the pitch, etc. We had this discussion years ago and someone said he could easily imagine Follow the Reaper sounding red, so I dropped it. I deem that album blue because it sounds cold, high pitch, with blissful melodies, midnight lakeside atmosphere, and it deals with bluesy emotions twisted with depression, alcohol, angst and so on. Maybe there's another level to this, but this is how my mind works. At times there could be a flash of dark red with a heavy guitar riff or whatever, but I don't see chords flying at me with different colours during the same musical piece. And just for a reminder, I don't see just colours, I see trees and lakes too.

#1829 (__Joonas__), Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  10. tragician

tragician Member

I have synesthesia and it's also that I can sort of smell/taste some songs too. Different sounds in a song can be like watercolor like bursts of colour. But if I want to concentrate on a single instrument I can close my eyes and sort of watch it dance around as a certain colour line. For example some keyboards on FTR are pastel mint green for some reason.
    Some songs have that sort of an atmosphere that it's super strong and it's like almost like touching something or tasting something. Some songs on Blooddrunk smell like a warm rainy muddy weather, they feel like sticking your toes into soft dirt. Transference smells like shitty coin machine coffee, the intro guitar sound is a metallic silver grey that fades into purple... Shovel Knockout smells like wet cardboard, the bass in the beginning is this weird yellow/grey/orange and then the guitars come in, they're light blue and pastel purple. The colors are always in harmony even if they may sound like strange combinations.
    Keyboard sounds are soft, slimy, shiny, squishy, guitar sounds are like lightning and the colors are metallic and shiny.
    Vocals look/feel kind of static. At least raspy, scream vocals.
    Mask Of Sanity is one of my all time favorite songs because it is really just such an enjoyable experience and it smells so fresh, no matter where I am it's like a late october day and the air is so cold it's kinda like sour. The colours are so vibrant and nice and it always makes me feel awesome. I really just often find a song that I like and just listen to it again and again and again. Three hours of Tie My Rope? yes.

I think its cool that I've often seen green and purple come up in conversations about this bc those are very dominant colors in my COB experience and you dont even understand how happy I was about the cover art of Hexed. I was kind of wishing for a pink art too since I know they could have made it work.

#1830 tragician, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    rj rl and COB-666 like this.