This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Hypocrisy Album in March 2013

Discussion in 'Hypocrisy' started by ben_uez, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Rotten Flesh

Rotten Flesh Member

Different keys, different progressions... ?? even the intros

btw i got my limited edition from amazon... which had a magnet as a giveaway. Which kinda sad... compared to shot glasses.

2. shadoweagle

shadoweagle Kelvin Kalvus

what kind of magnet is it?

3. nizzon

nizzon f.k.a Qth

Its a silly somparison tho, many songs sonds alike.
    Its like saying Tales of Thy Spineless is identical to Warpath.

4. Heavy M

Heavy M Ex Primoris...

The album is growing nicely with me. I would pretty much put it right up there with Virus and AToED at this point. The only complaint for me would be that Hedlund did not contribute with any song-writing. The 4 from AToED was among the best of the album and he has written or co-written some of my favorite Hypocrisy songs (usually they're real "hits" IMO). One or two from him would have really elevated this album. But its great to hear Szökes contribution (The Return). I hope he will contribute in the future aswell.

EoD will defenetly be among my favorite 2013 releases! :kickass:

5. Abductedchild

Abductedchild Once abducted, Never back

I received an email from NB today saying that the Mailorder Box of EoD is on the way to the Down Under!!! \,,/ and when it arrives will be time for Tekila shots and lots of Hypocrisy!!!!

6. Sickman

Sickman Member

Great album. I've been listening to it non stop for over a week now and it's got a ton of replay value. It's more of an immediate listen than previous albums, but it's got enough going on to keep me listening. But to me, it doesn't really come close to ATOED. I listened to that album earlier today and it might be my favorite metal album of all time. That or Crowned in Terror.

I think the thing that bothers me is Peter saying that they kind of "got away from" the Hypocrisy sound. To me, their previous two albums were amazing and pure Hypocrisy. I don't get why he's stated that they've gotten away from that. But whatever, I think this album fits right in line with previous albums.

7. shadoweagle

shadoweagle Kelvin Kalvus

@Sickman, im pretty the same opinion about this album, atoed and the sound from the last both albums. but i was also wondering how this new album will sound like, because the sound from atoed is perfect imo, it is similiar to virus more than to any other album, but better. so i was wondering if they keep that way, it could only be something similiar to atoed, because the style of this album is perfect imo, can not be done better. and that wouldve been a bit boring..so im quite happy with this..actually not the best hypo album, but actually a cool album, i like the old school riffs.

8. Taru

Taru Member

"He´ll be the last man standing" -part sounds somehow funny and gives the Tales of Thy Spineless -song kind of loony atmosphere... The last megalomaniac standing... X-D

It sure took more than one listening to get in to these songs. But for me it is only good thing. If I "understand" them straight away, then they usually fade away much faster... But of course it would be nice, if all these songs would strike to you with the first listening... Then all could be totally hooked right away... heh-he...

Stories fits very nicely with music and some of them even perfectly. The whole album is great and some songs will definitely be my all time favorites :) like Hell Is Where I stay, The Return, Soldier of Fortune and Living Dead. ...and many others ;)

9. A1a23

A1a23 Member

Finally got around to listening, and I'm actually really enjoying the album so far. I can't yet decide if I prefer it over ATOED; I still need to give it more listens. I have yet to listen to the bonus track, but IMO there aren't any real weak tracks on the album. My least favorite is probably the title track.

Regarding the sound, I did hear a bit more semblance to earlier tracks, specifically in some riffs and of course the hammer blast beats. Overall though, I wouldn't consider it to be any more pure than ATOED.

10. Abductedchild

Has anyone gotten the cover from the Exploited?

11. Taru

Taru Member

Yes, and for me it was the funniest song... I had to laugh loud! Well, because it is so fast and in my mind I just saw how they were playing it - like maniacs X-D
    :loco:

12. Abductedchild

is it in the Boxset?

13. Abductedchild

BTW here's the new videoclip

#153 Abductedchild, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  14. Taru

Taru Member

I have it in transparent 7" vinyl b-side.

15. Abductedchild

I just realized that is not in the Shot glass edition, I just got it! [​IMG]

16. Supernova

Supernova Member

ah yes, how cool. With these, I'd drink even more, which defies any kind of common sense

17. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

From Hypocrisy's lyrical themes in the past I knew it was only a matter of time until Peter started singing about NWO. Love the lyrics to End of Disclosure and United We Fall. There are a few other songs with lyrics to this theme but those two stand out for me.

18. Supernova

Supernova Member

Very odd that Hedlund didnt take any part in the songwritting. Especially after ATOED on which he wrote 4 songs.

I wonder why that is

19. Abductedchild

I'm thinking must be more family focused now as he got a baby in 2008/2009 not sure

20. Heavy M

Heavy M Ex Primoris...

Yeah, like I said in a previous post a song or two from him would have really elevated this album. His songs always smokes IMO.