This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

New Megadeth

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by the_satanic_rabbit, Sep 21, 2004.

1. crapola

crapola Member

we downloaded it before it came out, so we knew what to expect... of course i went and bought the cd when it was released. we like it and its one of the most played cd's in the car at the moment... until something else comes along that we both like...

2. the_satanic_rabbit

the_satanic_rabbit Return of Ganon

@Dorian,

I have to admit the first listen I was far from hooked. But it really grew on me after a few listens. I've pretty much been dissapointed with them since Countdown. OMG, I DONT like Youthansia, there I said it. ;)

I guess after the last two, I didn't expect much at all, and the thing I like most about it is that it is a real throwback to old school metal, not like the last few albums where there were a few metal songs and then a soundgarden ripoff and other crap. I mean, the riffs on this one are good, some of them are not really original at all, but they seem to have a certain freshness to them anyway. I think in a way it's just like Jet or these other classic rock revival bands. The riffs they are playing are not all that original, but right now the sound is just fresh. I think it's the same thing with the new Megadeth album.

Cuz right now, it's very much a dose of what we ALL need.

:kickass:

3. Snowmaker

Snowmaker GO BLUE!!

Just how many people are you? :confused:

4. dargormudshark

dargormudshark Senior Member

I don't think Megadeth has ever been known for their great lyrics. Dave Mustaine is know Daniel Gildenlow or Peter Sinfield. :D

5. dorian gray

dorian gray Returning videotapes

^ haha! so true. they HAVE been known for their guitars though. and the new one is average. dave had nothing nice to say about marty friedman in the interview and for that i am dissapointed. considering marty's incendiary guitar work on RIP, i would think he owes the man some gratitude. without that album and without friedmans skills, megadeth wouldve died off long ago.....in my opinion.

friedmans reluctance to play on this album probably had more to do with mustaines arrogance than it did anything else (i base this on the way mustaine talks about friedman).

6. Platinum Maze

Platinum Maze Random Star

I disagree. I think he is a great lyricist, even going back to the songs he wrote in Metallica. He still remains clever and VERY catchy.

7. LoneWolfMusic

LoneWolfMusic Member

WOW, a lot of talk about Megadeth. I loved Youthanasia and C Writings and of course Countdown. Didn't care much for the last one.......

I have to get this and give it a try. If it is even half bad it is still better than some of the crap on the radio today.

JWC- Lone Wolf Music

---------------
    Lone Wolf Music releases

Divine Ruins
    Lyranthe
    WithoutEnd
    Natural Science
    Razor Wire Shrine

8. urinalcakemix

urinalcakemix man who plays drum

I like the new album, yay!

9. dargormudshark

dargormudshark Senior Member

I read that interview, I think alot of people read that the wrong way. Yeah, he talked about Friedman but didn't scold him kind of like he did with Elefson.

10. dorian gray

dorian gray Returning videotapes

^ this is true.