This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Nightwish Single "Storytime"

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by AngraRULES, Nov 8, 2011.

1. J-Man

J-Man Old as Yoda

Thanks Joan

2. Stingray11214

Stingray11214 OSA Triumvir

Geez, that sounds like my two-year old nephew. :lol:

3. hoodaman

hoodaman Is it live or is it Dave?

the music and melody is great. The lyrics are terrible.

4. St Enigma

St Enigma Member

Actually it was written for a Nightwish movie which is currently in post production and will premier around April 2012.

And here is the official "Storytime" video:

The video simultaneously is a trailer of the upcoming "Imagianerum" movie, even there's no any GCI added in this yet. Awesome quality and quite an unique video, mainly because it's shot in the actual making of the movie situations as a side project. The soundtrack is excellent, and I recommend to use quality speakers/headphones and view it at the HD 1080.

Can't wait for the "Imagianerum" movie to arrive in April 2012.

#24 St Enigma, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  5. nailz

nailz Member

WHY ISNT THIS ON ITUNES ... hurry up, friday.

6. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Agreed with this.

7. adaher

adaher Member

I prefer Annette, personally.

8. J-Man

J-Man Old as Yoda

If you know the story behind the album, and what Tuomas is trying to do, then the lyrics are great, some of the best he has written(Creek Mary's Blood, Oceansoul are his best).

9. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

What's the story behind it John? I'll admit that I'm not loving the lyrics either - as there have been awesome Nigthwish songs (with concepts) and mediocre lyrics.

10. J-Man

J-Man Old as Yoda

This from The Nightwish website concerning the story behind the album "Imaginarium"

Imaginaerum tells the story of an elderly composer, Tom, who suffers from severe dementia. As he has had the disease for years and has regressed into childhood, he remembers practically nothing from his adult life. His music, friends, all his past including the memory of his daughter are a blur in his fragile mind. All he has left is the imagination of a ten year old boy. As he drifts away into coma, it seems impossible to get back what he has lost. Or is it?

The film is a journey between two different dimensions. Tom travels through his imaginary world seeking answers and finding memories, while his daughter, Gem, tries to recover the bond she had once shared with her father in the real world. As they have become more and more distant from each other over the years, and as there’s even greater obstacles separating them now – Tom’s coma and his imminent death – Gem’s project feels doomed to failure. However, through Tom’s darkest secrets, Gem discovers the path she must follow in order to find her father again.

There are some questions we must ask ourselves before entering the world of Imaginaerum. What is most important in life? Can the power of memories protect us during our last moments? Will our imagination help us find the spark of life in the deepest darkness? Can we still find love after bitter forgiveness?

Imaginaerum is an emotional fantasy-adventure powered by the music of Nightwish. The story reminds us of our childhood where the smallest but most precious thing meant everything and losing it would have left an everlasting scar. Now it’s time to reopen the wound and see what became of it, but above all, where it came from.

11. nailz

nailz Member

I dunno, these lyrics seem pretty cool to me... imaginative and poetic. I have a feeling this CD/movie would make a pretty badass musical.

12. J-Man

J-Man Old as Yoda

+1

13. hoodaman

hoodaman Is it live or is it Dave?

yeah, I'm aware of what the concept is all about. It's just not doing it for me. If it was done with more subtlety I might not be down on the lyrics so hard. Just sounds like she's singing a nursery rhyme to me. If you dig it, right on. I'll have to hear the other tunes before writing the whole thing off for sure. Spinefarm and Roadrunner are pretty good at putting their bands material on spotify so I'll be able to fully experience it to see if it's worth shelling out cash for.

14. No Username

No Username Member

Tarja lovers can hate on Annette all they want, but never in a million years can I imagine Tarja doing this song justice. Or at all.

15. Stingray11214

Stingray11214 OSA Triumvir

I can see Tarja doing this song....if she were given the keys to the Finnish Mint...and her husband got his palm greased....and she got her own studio.....and her husband was in charge of who got to play her selection, down to the last oboe.....and if she had Tuomas provide her with Wolfgang Puck to personally fly to Finland to make her meals...And,....oh, screw it. :lol:

16. nailz

nailz Member

Bitter and cynical, party of two, your table is ready. Tonight's special, 28 day dry aged get over it, prepared medium well.

17. OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver BECAUSE FALCONER

:worship:

18. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

Gee, because the band would write to the singer's strengths? Who woulda thunk? :loco:

Looks like NB has taken down the song. I did get to hear it earlier. It is a good song. Unfortunately, it doesn't make me like Annette any better than I did before. There is something about her voice that annoys me. (And before people ask, no, it has nothing to do with my love for Tarja's voice. I would be fine with it if I felt that the new vocallist was as good or better than Tarja, and I don't feel Annette is.)

19. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

(official video)

#39 AngraRULES, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  20. Magius

Magius .................

What strengths?