This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Release from Caligula's Horse

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by lane_miller, Oct 19, 2013.

1. lane_miller

lane_miller Space Ghost

Caligula's Horse has recently released their sophomore effort called The Tide, the Thief & River's End. Their first album Moments From Ephemeral City was a strong debut, making one of my previous annual Best Of lists. This latest effort definitely takes the music up a notch. Back is the amazing guitar lines of Sam Vallen and the emotional vocals of Jim Grey. However, this time the intensity and urgency of the music has been brought to the front with a sound that has a more unified identity. Their first video from the new album has all of these elements.

#1 lane_miller, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. Random Axe

Random Axe Common Sense Man!

Dammit, Lane. You can't just start a thread about a killer album that's just been released and not include where to buy it!

I'll probably just wait for Ken to stock this since the only likely option now is shipping from Australia. I heard this tune last week and love it. Makes me want to grab the debut. Good call, Lane.

3. lane_miller

lane_miller Space Ghost

Sorry, Random Axe. I haven't been able to find where to get the CD, but I downloaded it from:

http://welkinrecords.bandcamp.com/

I still want to buy the CD, so if any one sees where to get it please let send the word out. The more I listen to it the more I like it!

4. Random Axe

Random Axe Common Sense Man!

I read Ken at laser's will make the attempt to get physical copies. I only buy MP3 if there are no other options. THis seems like one of those releases you just have to have the whole package to fully enjoy. I'll have to go check out the bandcamp page to listen to other tunes from this album. I'm basing my praise on one song, which I don't often do. I wanna hear more.

5. Sumeet

Sumeet Member

Looks like the band's website is the only place to get the physical disc for the moment. However, Bandcamp usually offers lossless CD-quality (or higher) files, in addition to typical mp3s, which should work for the increasing percentage of people who rarely listen to physical CDs anymore.

6. AZPROG

AZPROG New Metal Member

Really good stuff, just purchased this from bandcamp!

7. The Surfing Alien

Wow, I remember seeing this video a while ago, but I totally forgot about it, and didn't connect it with the song when I listened to the album, even though it's one of the better songs on it. Very powerful video. Definitely made for the song, well thought out and elevates it to a higher level.
    The album itself has another 3-4 tracks on the same level or better. Pretty great.

8. lasercd

lasercd Man Behind The Curtain

We have copies in transit. Price will be quite reasonable.