This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New to Jag Panzer

Discussion in 'Jag Panzer' started by HahaHitnRun, Oct 22, 2005.

1. HahaHitnRun

HahaHitnRun New Metal Member

Hey whats up?

I just heard of Jag Panzer a few days ago but find their music amazing. So I was thinking about getting an album of theirs but wasn't sure which one to go with out of these three

Mechanized Warfare
    The Fourth Judgement
    The Age of Mastery

any advice?

2. Michaela

Michaela Metal Melts The Ice

you've forgotten the "Thane to the Throne" album ;)
    my advice, listen to all of them :) it's worth it :cool:

3. Roddoliver

Roddoliver Member

For a first impression, definetely Mechanized Warfare. It was my first album and from the day I heard it I placed Jag Panzer on my musical podium.

4. Michaela

Michaela Metal Melts The Ice

"Thane to the Throne" was my first album ... i really like this one
    Shakespeare's "MacBeth" is the foundation for the lyrics and that's really amazing in my opinion, it's a special album....

5. Katana Overlord

Katana Overlord Master of the Pit

Thane To The Throne was my first. And i really liekd it but Mechanized Warfare was what really got me into the band. It was my favourite for a long time. Now I like Thane and Casting the most. I don't own Ample Destruction yet though. I'm waiting fot the metalblade one to show up on Ebay.

6. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Member

Personally, I think all the albums are good, but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "Ample Destruction" yet. Sure, it's older and it's not as technically perfect and well recorded, but it kicks arse like few things on God's own earth! As for the albums you mentioned, obviously the new stuff is excellent, but I would recommend an earlier one like "The Age Of Mastery" or even "The Fourth Judgement" as they have re-recordings of some older songs, so you can kind of get an introduction to the band's older and newer material. "Decade of the Nail-Spiked Bat" is also good in that regard.

By the way, not to unduly influence you, but I actually have a copy of "Age" for sale on Ebay if you decide on that one. See below (Shameless plug!).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...84661&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1:rock:

7. Katana Overlord

Katana Overlord Master of the Pit

The reason i think a lot of people didn't mention Ample is because it's hard to get. You can get the newer releases fairly easily.