This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Wait For You...

...you know you cannot hide. Join the forum today!

Next in Line - Jacob`s Ladder

Discussion in 'Nevermore' started by Dehumanizer12, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Dehumanizer12

Dehumanizer12 Magnus Worm

Hey dudes...
    Do you notice any relation between these pieces?
    I mean Next in Line of our beloved Nevermore and the movie Jacob`s Ladder (that one with Tim Robbins), not the Rush song.

I ask it because I was watching it the other night (a very good movie, by the way) and in some part of it, the main character is dreaming and suddenly he is trapped in a situation and then he screams the iconic words: 'stop it you`re killin`me!'.
    Well, I`m not sure, but isn`t it what Warrel screams in the middle of the song Next in Line? If it is not, its a major coincidence because the intonation of Robbins in the movie is pretty much the same.

2. Dead Winter

Dead Winter Not faggoty deathcore

Warrel loves the film, so I'm pretty sure it's taken from it. That's a badass movie.

3. rebirth

rebirth spacestation '76film

Good call ,,,

he just needs to see R.I.P.D now

4. Sentient 6

Sentient 6 harmless parasite

There are sound samples from Jacob's Ladder all over POE.

5. Morbides

Morbides Member

'It is known.'

6. Dead_Lioness

Dead_Lioness Godless

Love the movie so much, classic.

7. Dehumanizer12

Hey. Thank you all for the answers. I've ended up learning a bit more than I thought I would.
    I didn't notice the samples along the other songs on POE (one of my favorite records BTW). I'll listen it looking for the samples. But before I'll have to watch the movie again, 'cause I've only watched it once. It deserves to be watched twice anyway.

8. Traxan

Traxan Member

God that movie was insane... I later learned all of the special effects were done live. No inserting stuff post-production, no blue screen, and certainly no CG (it was made in 1990). So that scene at the party with the demon raping his girlfriend? All done live and filmed as it happened. The only place you see movies done like that any more is Asia, especially Japan.

9. Dehumanizer12

Yeah, that`s a really special feature.
    But actually you can see some movies being made that way on South America (specially Argentina) and Spain (most of non-blockbuster stuff Guillermo Del Toro has been into is made that way).