This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Wait For You...

...you know you cannot hide. Join the forum today!

Nightmare on Suck Street

Discussion in 'Nevermore' started by Sentient 6, May 2, 2010.

1. Sentient 6

Sentient 6 harmless parasite

One of the worst and most boring remakes in recent memory, Jackie Earle Haley was a good Freddy but he was way underutilized ....

2. Carabeu

Carabeu ct_thrash

Yep. His background in this one was very vague. I couldn't figure out if he was supposed to be a pervert or just a child mutilator, or both, or what. But he definitely wasn't made out to be a child killer like he was supposed to have been. The relationship between the characters was "meh" at best. For once, I would have been pleased to see some sex or at least some innuendo taking place amongst the characters that were supposed to be romantically linked. But nope! Was this even rated R?:loco:

3. Chromatose

Chromatose Squid pro quo

It was dumb. It was like they made the movie to say "hey lets fill it with things to make people remember that we're trying to make it just like the first one only way sucky." Like that really horrible out of place CGI Freddy through the wall and the claw in the bathtub which were just done so quickly as to only remind you of the first movie but not actually provide any scary suspense. Also the jokey one-liners, especially the wet dream pun (from the fourth movie I think?) which didn't make nearly as much sense there as when it was originally used, but I guess they had to throw in any references wherever possible.

Oh right and the random blood explosion on the ceiling used in a different context and blah blah blah blah

4. Chromatose

Chromatose Squid pro quo

I was just thinking about WHY did Freddy want to kill the kids?! I DON'T KNOW.

Ok so when they were young they made it seem like he just molested them, but maybe now and then "accidentally" scratched them with his claws WHY WAS HE EVEN WEARING CLAWS WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? But okay now that they're older he's like "oh good now I can kill you meddling kids" but if he wanted to kill them then why not just slice them up to begin with as babies!??! I'm pretty sure that there was no mention at all of him wanting to kill them as revenge for their parents being jerks.

Are the filmmakers making the assumption that we just fill in the holes ourselves from the original Nightmare on Elm Street? That's so lazy!

edit: and I was really looking forward to all the Home Alone zany traps the girl would have come up with to get Freddy, like sledgehammers on trip wires and paint buckets falling down the stairs and smashed christmas tree bulbs under the windows but they left that out completely :/

also by NOT using Clancy Brown as the girl's Sheriff dad (reminiscent of Pet Sematary 2!) was definitely a shame. In fact she had no sheriff dad. In fact they barely had any parents in this movie now that I think about it. Who is going to care when the kids die? I sure didn't!

5. Carabeu

Carabeu ct_thrash

The Pied Piper reference at the bookstore was supposed to explain that Freddy wants to kill the kids in revenge for his death, but that was about it yeah.

6. Chromatose

Chromatose Squid pro quo

I was disappointed in the missed opportunity for comedy when Johnny Depp's computer went into sleep mode.

7. Chromatose

Chromatose Squid pro quo

That's as lazy an explanation as their thing about "mini naps" trying to explain why they can fall asleep while SWIMMING.

8. Carabeu

Carabeu ct_thrash

*micronaps

9. Psychonaut

Psychonaut God Of Emptiness

I stay away from this surge of lazy remakes and reboots for good reason it seems.

10. DreamNeonBlack

I had little interest in seeing this but...this makes me want to see it now. LOL

11. freewill

freewill Member

i refuse to watch this disgusting rip-off of classic slashers. therecan be only one, and that one is Englund.

And plus freddy looks like shit in the previews. not the hideous burnt maniac of my childhood, but some sort of ghoul. that is just my take from the previews, though. and how can you have a freddy that isn't a witty smartass? thats what set him apart from jason voorhees or myers. Freddy was the shit back in the day, and now they've tried to ruin him for me. fuck that, i refuse. NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

i rest my case.

12. murderedbysound

murderedbysound MurderedbySound

This is the reason why I refused to even see the Halloween remakes. I heard some other horrid reviews on this and as I see more are mounting makes me think most of the people aren't lying. I did, however, see the Friday the 13th remake and from the sounds of it...its going to be the better remake out of the three so far...which is sad.

13. Archelaos

Archelaos A man in the world.

Did he look like Mickey Rourke in the movie? 'Cause he sure did on a lot of the posters an' shit I saw. :lol:

14. vikk

vikk Member

all this remakes sucks, i just watched the new My Bloody Valentines. pure fagotree

15. WhiteBeastofWotan

WhiteBeastofWotan Apostitutes!

We need a "Say Something About the latest shitty movie Warrel's seen" thread

16. Brooks

Brooks Eyes Wide Open

17. neal

neal wizard in black

he's fuckin STOKED

18. guitarguru777

guitarguru777 Member

But the halloween remakes were actually pretty good. Rob Zombie is a good director and the films were well made. This mightmare on elm street thing is just a joke ... Michael Bay has no business doing horror films. i guees cause he things theres a boiler room and shit blow up it makes him qualified.

19. Super Mahrio

Super Mahrio Deeply Horrible Person

Im going to see this only as an excuse to get together with some friends who really want to see it for some weird ass reason. (Morbid curiosity perhaps?)
    Anyway, im not expecting anything good.

20. rebirth

rebirth spacestation '76film

yeah i heard form the usa its a negative ha!