This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NIGHTWISH Set -List

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by J-Man, Sep 24, 2007.

1. edgeofthorns

edgeofthorns 24 Hours Ago...

I'm really looking forward to this show in Atlanta in November. I'm pumped about hearing the new vocalist live! :headbang:

~Brian~

2. Magius

Magius .................

The setlist is pretty under whelming regardless of who's singing the songs. There's a glaring absence of many of their most powerful songs: Elvenpath, Dead To The World, Planet Hell, End Of All Hope etc.
    It's also disappointing that it is 40% new material when they have five albums and an EP to select from. I suspect that with their next album Anette material will be 60%, and in a few years there will only be a smattering of Tarja era songs.

Anette is a decent enough, albeit somewhat genric singer, and Nightwish will be oaky. Nevertheless, I 'm just glad I saw Nightwish at PPUSA IV.

3. Magius

Magius .................

They played "Walking In The Air" at PPUSA IV.

4. J-Man

J-Man Old as Yoda

I guess you just can't please everyone all the time. If they played a set that was geared to everyone's wants and desires, then the set would be at least 3 or 4 hours long. I think they choose the songs that : #1 Were easiest to transition to Anette's vocals style. #2 Songs that have worked at concerts in the past. #3 Using a majority of songs from the new album is great.

If you notice on "End of an Era" their set list included 8 songs from "Once" 3 from "Century's Child" 2 from "Wishmaster" 1 from "OceanBorn", a John Two-Hawks song, and Marco's Song, and an Intro and an Outro. So, I think the set list is fine. Just my 2 cents worth

5. Iced Dog

Iced Dog The Stormrider's Pooch

I think the set looks fine...I hope they play Whoever Brings The Night at my show, great riffage there.

BTW, does anyone else think Sleeping Sun should be dropped...it's a fitting title because it tends to put me to sleep ;)

6. Heavenly Call

Heavenly Call Member

Me too!

7. Haista Vittu

Haista Vittu New Metal Member

pretty neat setlist

8. Braxil

Braxil Member

Nice username dude :lol:

9. See You In Hell

See You In Hell Is this the real McCoy?

Since I have never had the pleasure of seeing Nighwish perform live I'm satisfied with any setlist. They're here in Dallas in November and I can't wait!! :headbang:

10. halcyonwayband@aol.com

halcyonwayband@aol.com Guitars - Halcyon Way

no End of All Hope?

11. Chai

Chai Marching with Mephisto

Can't disagree more. Wish I had an Angel is a phenomenal track and even better as a closer :D. To each his own though, I was a huge fan of Once.

12. Hajeka

Hajeka Member

mmm... a few of us gals on the board are all singers, and I would def. hate it if someone doubted me without hearing me live just because I don't have the same range as someone else whose song I am singing (and especially because of a youtube video of poor quality). I'd appreciate and pay attention to how she's making it HER song and not trying to satisfy everyone who wanted a Tarja clone.

Anyway.. I am sooooo excited!!!! Whoever sees them first, please post the setlists here!!!!! I really wish they would play Stargazers and my all time favorite, Gethsemane. :worship:notworthy