This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nile (less low growls as they progress?)

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by wyldeguitarist, Oct 7, 2010.

1. wyldeguitarist

wyldeguitarist New Metal Member

I've noticed that Nile doesn't do as much low growling in their newer music as in their earlier stuff. I've only listened to some of Those Who The Gods may detest, am I just hearing a few songs with less of the lows, or did they start steering away from super-low growls after Annihilation?

2. CF87

CF87 Active Member

It's because they're slowly selling out going mainstream. Until they record a cd like Saurian Meditation, which will break Nile into the maintream and hollywood. A small selected few cds will be signed by actors/actresses from The Mummy Returns and will sell on Ebay. Pyramid's with mummies and all kinds of mummy merch like clothing and jewerly will be distributed. People will be walking around like Egyptians. Pharaohs will rule all, brains sucked out of our noses with a straw and mummified.

Walk like an egyptian all day

3. The Emptier

The Emptier t3h b3aSt0rZ

If anything the latest album has shown Dallas' best vocals, all the other albums the vocals got lost in the mix, especially Karl's. He's the one who does the really low gutteral ones. but Dallas has a powerful fucking voice, especially live

4. Krigloch the Furious

Krigloch the Furious Pants full of poo

Karl is the one who does the ultra lows.
    On TWTGD there are more Karl vox than the last couple albums.
    I too am a huge fan of Dallas' vocals

5. Bitencourt29

Bitencourt29 Member

Hell yeah, his vocals are damn good. They're so good live!!

6. Caligulan Blood

Caligulan Blood Blast that cunt with piss

I don't think Nile is going mainstream, because they're about as mainstream as death metal can be, it seems like they're becoming less mainstream. The normal stereotypical death metal vocals is the cookie monster growls, but he is doing a lot more roars or shouts I guess than before, so it seems like they're becoming less mainstream. Those whom the Gods detest was an excellent album even without low death growls.

7. Bitencourt29

Bitencourt29 Member

Great album indeed, but you'll find out that most UM people dislike Nile. I don't really know why, anyways I'm a fan and Annihilation of the Wicked is one of my favourite Death Metal albums.

8. Krigloch the Furious

yeah you're right. most people on this forum dislike Nile.
    It's funny

Something about the style of riffs that makes me like them more than any dm band. Maybe it's just the writing style as a whole.

9. The Emptier

The Emptier t3h b3aSt0rZ

Yeah, Annihilation really changed me because I got it when i was pretty young and i just fucking loved it. must've listened to that album hundreds of times

10. Krigloch the Furious

Hell, im listening to Kafir and it's full of Karls vocals.

11. Kara-Shehr

Kara-Shehr Member

This was actually one of the reasons Ithyphalic was a little disapointing for me, Dallas did most of the vocals.

12. Bitencourt29

Bitencourt29 Member

Ithyphalic is a weak album, and after Annihilation there was a huge expectation. TWTGD is far superior, and Kafir is a great song, one of the best moments during their gig.

13. ArneZ

ArneZ No rules in metal

Ithyphalic is NOT a weak album. Yes, its weaker then AOTW, but thats also 99% of all metal albums ever released.

14. wandering_taco

wandering_taco Minstrel of Woe

As a whole I didn't like Ithyphallic as much as their other albums, but there were a few really cool tracks on it, or at least tracks that had amazing parts.

15. Krigloch the Furious

Yeah. Some good songs, but it's by far their weakest

16. Kara-Shehr

Kara-Shehr Member

Yes not a bad album by any means just not up to par with the others but they came back stronger than ever with THTGD.

17. TheInsane

TheInsane Member

I love Nile and in general I have liked their progression alot. I remember when I first heard about the band and someone said or wrote that they hd 3 vocalists. I was interested and gave it a listen. And while I loved the music the vocals were so much alike that it didnt really matter.

when Dallas really started coming into his own as the fronman on AftW I just loved it. Now he's doing most vocals but whenever Karl does his deep full-of-air-growls it works great as a counter. But I definately want Dallas to keep doing his stuff. Its harsh, brutal and you can hear just about every lyric :)

For me Ithyphallic wast bad but its just not memorable. I also felt it was just more of the same to soon after AotW. They needed more progression at the time and Ithyphallic wasnt it.

18. The Emptier

The Emptier t3h b3aSt0rZ

Actually I thought it was way different than AotW, different energy. Technically speaking it was mixed/produced pretty well. AotW and the albums before are a bit muddle at times. TWTGD probably has their best "sound" yet though. And the solo's are SO much better than before

19. Vossyrus

Vossyrus Member

I think it's amusing how the metal scene changes over time and how certain ideas expressed will generate such a following and just snowball from there.

These days, I hear more negative things said about Nile than positive. I believe this anti-Nile ship set sail with Annihilation of the Wicked, ironically, their most well-received album. But I guess that's the typical backlash effect you suffer when many positive things are said about your band.

I remember when In Their Darkened Shrines came out. The perception was that Nile was this excellent death metal band who kept getting better and better with each album. I hardly ever heard anyone talk shit about them then.

Anyways, I've always thought they were a pretty good band. I don't understand the hatred they get especially when you take into consideration how the rest of death metal scene is doing.