This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NitND vs. TGCD: Round 1

Discussion in 'Katatonia' started by BlueSky, Oct 25, 2010.

?

Which is the better opener?

1. Forsaker

55.2%
  2. Leaders

44.8%
  1. MiniMoose

MiniMoose Member

I agree in many ways. But I feel there is a downside to the new material (at least after NITND). The variation between the songs on VE is much bigger than in the last two albums. Of course, I love TGCD above all albums. NITND has some super songs and I would rate it their 3rd best album, but it's a bit too static. Too much apathy...it needed a bit more angry on it. All in all it's just small complaints.

2. BlueSky

BlueSky New Metal Member

Actually NitND is easily their most varied between songs. You have the heavy crushing songs like Forsaker, the more electronic reliant tracks such as Longest Year, the acoustic heavy Opeth homage track Idle Blood, the slightly doomish Nephilim, their most laid back track Inheritance, Day & Then is their first song with an upbeat feel, and then Departer which is unlike anything they've done before. However, slow tempos are prevalent throughout a large portion of the record, which is more what you're talking about.