This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

NO FILESHARING! Discuss the album, NOT WHERE TO FIND IT!

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by COBHC Webmaster, Mar 2, 2011.

1. snowy

snowy The Empire Strikes Back

Because of the rasterisation and quantisation the wave form wont look exactly like the original. Sure, nowadays you can rip them so you cant hear any differences because you just left out the shit you ''don't need''. But who does really think that compression and digitizing doesnt do shit besides making files smaller? :lol:

2. snowy

snowy The Empire Strikes Back

:lol: sounds like you're of the opinion that you should only do things that have a deep backgound and are purely for the support of your human life?
    I like my cd collection, I like them more than rocks and shit so that's why I'm collecting them. And I dont use a mini disc at home, I use a proper cd player and I enjoy listening to cds.
    Of course you can rip them to the point where you cant hear any differences, that's cool,evej I backed up my collection. But the point with the tape recording and shit.. dude you're so wrong, of course there are people who are bitching around about DAWs , recording with computers. sure, that's the modern music industry and it's a shitload easier to work with that stuff (CUTTING! you dont need to cut tapes ffs!) but the analog tape sound will always be something special that a lot of people like. I'm not saying, meeehh this is shit everybody uses mp3 for flac or whatever, but I'm using cds because it feels good. I'm buying cds because they're fucking cheap (5-8 euro?), sound better,I can listen to them on my cd player, contain the original recordings and arent ripped by some douchebag and they went to my collection. But if some audio engineer has this old fashioned view on the industry and doesnt work with the modern stuff he might get a problem, ie. no job. That couldnt happen to me and my cds (because my work aint listening to music.) My point is that you cant compare the both cases . Btw, I get cds for free as I can offset them against tax :)

3. Slimefest

Slimefest Member

Still waiting for the album even though I ordered it 5 days ago :(

4. srob7001

srob7001 I shred faces off for fun

What country are you in?

I'm getting mine in the mail today....which is the release date.

5. Slimefest

Slimefest Member

Norway...ordered it at cdon.com days ago, but they didn't send it before yesterday..fuckers...

6. Celeb

Celeb Member

Got my copy today. I listened the album through yesterday from Rock at midnight and well, I really like it. My favorites by this far are probably Shovel Knockout, Rountrip to Hell and Back and Ugly. Oh and of course to cover. Now I just keep wondering who's doing the clean vocals because it doest sound like Alexi.
    Edit: oh, never mind, I just learned to read: James Luna

7. R34p3r

R34p3r 1 am teh Edit0rz

As to the latest update on their facebook page, RRF was sold 100.000+ times already.

COB have 1.000.000+ likes on fb. So assuming that every fan has at least a copy of the album in some way (CD, Mp3, on their Ipod already, whatsoever) that would mean that ~90% did not buy the album (yet) and probably downloaded it legally or got it somehow else :lol:

Does this make sense? I dunno :lol:
    Wel, I guess not 90%... but still a fucking shitload of people get/listen to their music illegally :lol:

8. the phenom

the phenom Member

Wonder how people still haven't discovered Spotify and have to download every bit of music they listen to. Fine if you want it on your mp3 player or in the car...but the most legal way if you want to "preview" the content is Spotify. It's free and good quality, with the downside of the ads that come now and then.

Great little piece of software.

You all are gay nonetheless. It's ALWAYS the same thing when a new album gets released.

9. R34p3r

R34p3r 1 am teh Edit0rz

10. the phenom

the phenom Member

That's shit. Spotify is awesome!

11. Slimefest

Slimefest Member

Or you stop being a poor pussy and pay for the premium version.

Yes.

12. the phenom

the phenom Member

I wish. Maybe if my job pays as well as I think I will stop being a poor bastard :p

Also, had to explain it that way since today it seems so fucking important everything is free. Which Spotify is...kind of. The ad's don't disturb me at all since they don't come in the middle of songs or anything like that.

13. dawnghost

dawnghost Borderline

It's been a loooooooong time since I last posted here...

Just listened to the new CD. Wow, in my humble opinion, as an old fan (still think Hatebreeder is their best album), this new album is much better than their last efforts.

Thumbs up for this new album, will be spreading the word with my friends, they all abandoned COB a long time ago.

Now, Webmaster... entirely off-topic but anyway. Now that Guitar Hero is dead, wouldn't you guys consider posting some songs on the RBN? Or contacting Harmonix directly for DLC? Rock Band has keyboards now, remember? Also, if you ever do, be sure to include some old favorites. The guys at Rockbandaide.com are always bringing Children of Bodom up. You're kind of in the wishlist of a bunch of players in the community.