This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Non-gay bro thread a.k.a. Random offtopic stuff.

Discussion in 'In Flames' started by A88, Jan 14, 2012.

1. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

I think Disconnecting the Dots is by far the best track on the record. I'd love to hear a full album with songs like that. Maybe next time.

I really liked Antigone, but never really got into any other HSB albums. I tried but I just don't think they were melodic enough to hold my interest. Haven't listened to an album of theirs since the first Iconoclast album which I didn't like much.

Sabaton are fucking great! I've been a fan of them going back over a decade now. I think the first time I heard them was at the Bloodstock festival where they were awesome.

Probably my favourite song of theirs, although there's a ton of others I really dig too. Cliffs of Gallipoli, Price of a Mile (with the Bullet Ride ripoff intro), Ghost Division, Primo Victoria... very unique and interesting band.

2. A88

A88 Bottled - really not the worst IF song ever.

Sabaton...ugh.

Yes, they can write a catchy tune, but they are so...basic, and every song sounds the same.

miniroch likes this.
  3. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

4. galvanized

galvanized Member

By basic you must mean awesome. And yeah, every song on The Great War is awesome. Haven’t listened beyond that yet.

DE4life likes this.
  5. Jabi

Jabi Member

From this perspective it looks kind of silly
  6. galvanized

galvanized Member

Good footage of door busters.

7. Jabi

Jabi Member

From this perspective it looks kind of silly
    I didn't know it can get that crazy. We're still Black Friday amateurs over here. Even though I do remember some news stories about people fighting over plastic buckets and refurbished, obsolete iPhone models. :D

8. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Black Friday was big for a couple of years over here, but faded pretty quick and now it's mostly online. Stores seem to do "deals" over the entire week now instead of just Friday/Monday, but I read a story on the BBC which said the prices are in reality no lower than other times of the year.

9. ciko_gfb

ciko_gfb Anders Fanboy

Don't know if you guys heard Dan Swanö (shame on you if you didn't), the guy did a lot of projects, Bloodbath was one of my favorite projects of his. Anyway, I heard his latest band called Witherscape and its pretty good. Most of you guys here listens MDM so, you might wanna give it a shot.

Btw this band contains 2 people, Dan Swanö and Ragnar Widerberg. This Ragnar guy is pretty good on his clean vocals. Much more better than your Jake-E boy @DE4life ! :D

10. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

Sounds like James Hetfield with a comedy accent tbh :D

11. A88

A88 Bottled - really not the worst IF song ever.

Swanos best work is Moontower. Whiterscape is OK but nothing special.

12. krofius

krofius Active Member

Moontower sounds like the continuation of Edge of Sanity kind of, in my opinion. I've never really listened to his work in-depth, he's got a nice growl though, very similar to Mikael Åkerfeldt from Opeth.

13. ciko_gfb

ciko_gfb Anders Fanboy

So with all this coronavirus going on, stay safe mofos, remember to wash your freaking hands will you?! :D

14. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

I don't know... Spaniards are so stupid that we all will probably be dead by the end of next week.

15. DE4life

DE4life 'ello treacle

The English aren't far behind tbh. I was lucky to find some kitchen roll in the supermarket today.

16. galvanized

galvanized Member

The lack of tests here in the USA is insane.

And the government is so indecisive with the shut downs. Very ad hoc, no decisive leadership.

17. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

There is a state of alert. The government has told the people to only go out in case of extreme necessity. So many people from Madrid, the main focus, took their bags and went on vacation to other cities. And there was many people of my city taking a walk on the beach, old, young and children. We are stupid and we're going to extinguish.

The supermarkets... I wonder if the people that "sacked" them today will do the same on monday when they're opened again.

18. eochaid

eochaid Asshole

Our government allowed and promoted the 8M march of the women. So nothing to say.