This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nothing Says Metal like a Beer Koozie!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicago Powerfest' started by testofwills, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Cephalopod

Cephalopod The Secrecies of Horror

Nice vinyl! I want! And it'd also be nice to see Kreator and Destruction. :)

2. Knulla

Knulla Member

Oh no, a Monday/Tuesday fest

3. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

Good reason to skip school and work!!! :headbang:

4. Pate

Pate Member

5. Squeak

Squeak Photo Mistress

Avenger of Blood have been around for a few years now. Eric stepped down from the band a few months ago, so Shawn is going to handle vocals/bass. They are still looking for a second guitarist, but will not let that stop them from playing shows. They do quite okay as a 3 piece, but I am still really sad to see Eric leave after almost 7 years. They are INSANE live... I know a lot of you guys would like them soundwise and livewise. The new album is really, really damned good and heavy as all hell. They did a couple new songs when they were at the Tidal Wave festival here in July, which came across really well and people were moshing like crazy. WOOT Hopefully will do some new promo photos by my house when they get up here on Jan. 26th.

Another band you guys may dig a lot is Head On Collision ( www.myspace.com/headoncollisionmetal ). They are in the same vein of music and Pat (singer/guitar) helps me moderate the Kreator forum. I will be posting new promo photos along with a FUCKLOAD of live photos of them next week. I hope you guys like them as well.

As far as the Kreator/Destruction/Sodom thing goes... it may not be able to be a fulll tour per say because it is all contingent on if the Sodom guys can take that much time off work and also if they can afford it. They have regular day jobs to go to, whereas the others don't.

6. eppst1

eppst1 Member

I picked up the Avenger of Blood CD - Death Brigade. Good stuff! I defintely can hear a Kreator influence in their sound.

7. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

This band is on my never ending list of bands to check out.
    Sounds like their is indeed a thrash revival going on!

Some of these bands might be good picks for Powerfest someday.

8. Diabolik

Diabolik Member

I have been pushing Merciliess Death and Dekapitator a while back for the fest with no avail.....Avenger of Blood would be so perfect for the fest.

9. testofwills

testofwills Member

as well as Warbringer...:headbang: