This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Now Playing: Visions From The Spiral Generator!!

Discussion in 'Vintersorg' started by KamelotGuardian, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Gaunerin

Gaunerin vanquish the pain

Same here. I had a hard time getting into ESP Mirage. I wondered what was wrong with me because a lot of people here went crazy over that track once the record was out and I was like "Huh? Why?"
    Three days later I thought that I still didn't like it very much but I noticed that I was humming the song at work :D
    It's still far from being my favourite song though.

2. Final_Vision

Final_Vision This is Not an Exit

that and metaphysical drama have strange chorus' for me and they arent as easy to get into my head as Spegelsparen and SGC.

3. Belial

Belial Rainbow Demon

My favorite thus far is E.S.P Mirage.

4. DeadWinterDead

DeadWinterDead Not What You See

My favorite is... Well, we'll find out...

5. Eldzik

Eldzik Anastasia's Minion

yep, E.S.P. Mirage is the best V. song ever... MASTERPIECE!!!

6. Qsilver

Qsilver Heathen Terrier

Spegelsfären is probably my favourite after listening the Visions.. many many times.
    Overally a great album :)

7. HippieOfDoom

HippieOfDoom The 13th Monkey

Spegelsfären was my favorite when I first heard the pre production, it was my favorite to play, and now after many many listens it's still my favorite.

8. Morgana

Morgana Vintermagi

Mine too...

9. niniel

niniel lunatic

I finally have VFTSG. I nearly returned it after listening to it twice. It is definitely not something I'd call a good Vintersorg album...It lacks too many things...the first is that it leaves me totally indifferent. The riffs are weak compared to the ones on his other albums, as well as the vocal lines. And the solos are just horrible. The album lacks melodic harmony. It is not half as good as Cosmic Genesis. It lacks general harmony and is discordant at some moments. I understand it is wanted to be so, but it is not something I like. I don't think someone needs to go chaotic to be original. Finally, I'll keep it just for the collection, but it'll never figure in my favorites albums.

10. Final_Vision

Final_Vision This is Not an Exit

Ill join the club, its gotta be Spegelsfaren as my fav of the album, that chorus is pure Mr V, love it.

@Niniel to each his own as always. I happen to disagree that it lacks that Vintersorg harmony as theres plenty of that (Spegelsfaren, Star-Guarded Coronation, The Explorer, Vem Styr Symmetrin?) Guitar work is terrific as well, just take the intro to Universums Dunkla Alfabet, even the wonderful solo in SGC, bass work is needless to say godly, the drums sound fuckin brilliant since its the first release with actual drums and not machine, Asgeir kicks on it, and all in all I think its a very solid release mr V should be proud of. It has weak points IMO which would prolly be Metaphysical Drama and ESP Mirage tho, their decent, theyre seemingly out of place for some reason.

Blah blah blah ;)

11. niniel

niniel lunatic

I still miss the overall harmony there was on other albums... And the album is good, but it lacks something and does not awake many emotions in me. Music is my drug...

12. OceanbarD

OceanbarD DeadsouL of a modern bard

by some kind of hazard i finally put my hands on that album (limited edition) , i am not a fan as much as before and i have to say it is far from be MR.V best album (the less good id say) i will not start to dissect and anaalyse the album to explain why it is so but i still preffer the earlier vintersorg. great album still. very good new band line up ! drums now sounds fine.

13. Vintersorg

Vintersorg (sym)phony (com)poser

you must understand as an artist its all about progression, making the same kinda album over and over again is just dull and boring. If I wrote a "Till fjälls" part 2, you would calim that I had stagnate...so you don't t want that, maybe you think you do. Artistry is all about being honest to your emotions, and "visions ...is where we're at right now.

The album may have a vaster complexity, but be open-minded and give it a chance, when you've come through the exercise phase it's very rewarding, it has all Vintersorg elements, we've just expanded the concept.

mr V

14. niniel

niniel lunatic

I must admit that I prefered the old and artificial drumming. I have nothing against drum-machines and think that Mr V was doing a great job . In fact, I suffer severe arithmy(cardiac) ech time I listen to one of his old album...Is it my fault if my heart wants to follow the drums?????

15. niniel

niniel lunatic

@Mr V: I'm giving a chance to that new album of yours though.. I just discovered the beauty that is your former musical style(first time I listened to one of your album is less than a month ago), and you come up with a totally new style...I was not ready for that. Anyways, I like it more everytime I listen to it, but I miss the way you used to sing on the others....still, its evolution

16. Liandrin

Liandrin Member of the Black Ajah

Napalm Records and Nuclearblast are the biggest labels out there..

When they make Limited copys... they make about 50 000 to 100 000..

That's not how i think of limited..

Cause we all have timited don't we?

Nightwish newest album Century Child was made it 100 000 (the limited edition), and it was released before the original copy so it would be sold out 1st.. it was also copyrighted, the original copy is not..

17. DeadWinterDead

DeadWinterDead Not What You See

Really? That many?! That's so cool.

18. The Nomad

The Nomad Where am I?

What do you mean the original wasn't copyrighted? It's the exact same Intellectual Property. Maybe they forgot to print it on the booklet, but it's still copyrighted. (Of course, I'm more familiar with US copyright law than the International sort...)

19. Luguber

Luguber Den Gräslige

He must've meant "copy protected", not "copyrighted"?

20. The Nomad

The Nomad Where am I?

Oooh, that'll piss me off. I have the ltd edition coming to me some time in the near future... and I only play CDs on my computer. (I know about the way to break the protection, but I don't like it).