This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to the Madhouse

Want to help spread the disease my friend? Sign up today!

O/T: Slayer!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Anthrax' started by LuvataciousSkull, Feb 3, 2007.

1. LuvataciousSkull

How many like Slayer? I sure do! :kickass:

2. Rise

Rise Member

3. whitey131

whitey131 Member

I like slayer but an almost ashamed to admit it when I see some guy with a slayer logo carved into his chest. :D

4. MikeyBong

MikeyBong Member

Well, when you come up with a better body part for me to carve it in too, I'll do that!:lol:

Oh and...yep...Slayer fan!:kickass:

5. LuvataciousSkull

I've got mine carved into my privates. Chicks love it!

6. MikeyBong

MikeyBong Member

Ouch!

7. jrw01-half

jrw01-half joethrax

saw them live in OKC last night. Great show by Slayer, but I doubt I ever do that again...where most of those people came from and how they could afford a ticket is beyond me...made the Anthrax concerts I've been to seem like a trip to the country club.

8. THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO

What was wrong with it? I'm gonna see them on Feb 17...

9. jrw01-half

jrw01-half joethrax

the show itself was great; a large contingency of the concert goers were not real friendly in my opinion- i guess Slayer has a more intensely devoted fanbase(?) - perhaps most of these people were just revved up to hear some aggressive and violent music. hard to say. At most shows I've been to I usually make small talk with people and have a little more fun; last night had some real weird people come up to me and bump into me like they wanted to fight or something, which was weird since I was just standing near the back with my diet coke. Maybe I didn't seem metal enough to be there.

10. molochete

molochete King Of Kings

Slayer Fan?

ME?

Hell YES Im ONE

11. MikeyBong

MikeyBong Member

This has always been my biggest problem with Slayer, some of their fan base are real pricks! Not all of them of course, but they do have a portion of their crowd that just thrive on being aggresive and stupid. Their's nothing wrong with having a good time at a show, but it doesn't even seem like they're having fun.

12. aliasp

aliasp Old School since '86

I just ran into 2 younger Metal heads at some record store (down at Glenelg beach for those that know Adelaide) - we got talking Slayer and the kid shows me his Slayer tat on his arm he just got done that day.

KILLER.

Can't wait for their tour over here in April.

13. whitey131

whitey131 Member

I agree. It's like a contest to be the biggest moron and that's where the slayer fan shame comes in.:lol:

14. LuvataciousSkull

At my first one, I was near the back and my glasses got knocked off my head. Well, they stopped a mosh pit that was in front of me, everyone helped me look for my glasses for a minute. No one could, they started up again, and a few seconds later, this guy hands them to me! NOT A SCRATCH!

At the same show, I found some weird belt on the floor when it was over. I started to head to the front door to turn it in, and this incredibly drunk chick shoves me and tells me it's her belt. I gave it to her, no problem, and she said I was stealing it. Eh.

It might be the venue, too. Most of the shows with jerks I go to tend to be at one place, and it drives me nuts.

15. MikeyBong

MikeyBong Member

I saw Slayer on the Clash Of The Titans tour. Their set was the only one where I saw people taken out on stretchers. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but I think it has something to do with the IQ of a small portion of their fan base. I'm sure all bands have stupid fans (not that I've seen evidence of that here...:rolleyes: ) but Slayers percentage seems to be higher and I don't know why. It CAN'T be the music, or ALL of their fans would be stupid! I just don't get it!

16. sufferer

sufferer Member

Yeah I've only been to one Slayer show (about to be 2) and the pit was brutal, people being thrown out left and right. Not much pit respect compared to other bands. I'm brutal as hell in a pit but I'm respectful, I pick people up and if someone loses their glasses I'll do my best to make sure they get them back, they ain't cheap! Guess it comes with the territory. If you go into a Slayer pit get mad before you go, cause you will encounter some brutal dicks. Real fans are respectful though, if I knock someone down I'm pickin' them up, supporting the brotherhood of metal that no other genre of music has.

17. MikeyBong

MikeyBong Member

No offense to those who have done it, but why would you even think about wearing glasses in a mosh pit??? You're kind of just asking for them to be broken.

18. Rock n Roll Dave

Yes, I am a big Slayer fan.

Sometimes, you just need some soothing, relaxing tunes to help you wind down after work, don't you?

....and sometimes you need some FUCKIN' LOUD, AGGRESSIVE SHIT TO MAKE THE JOURNEY HOME A LITTLE EASIER WITH ALL THESE DICKHEADS DRIVING LIKE THEY HAD A LOBOTOMY BEFORE THEY SET OUT!!!!!!!

19. DumbAss

DumbAss Supreme Ruler of the Sofa

I can't get into them.

20. Rock n Roll Dave

Well, they are definitely an acquired taste, let's say.

I have been listening to them for maybe three or four years now and there are still some of their records I am only now beginning to enjoy.

I certainly wouldn't want a diet of just Slayer music all the time, I think my brain would cave in.