This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ocean Of Grief - After A Long Time

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by Phil_ocean, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Phil_ocean

Phil_ocean Member

Hey guys, yesterday we released our first lyric video for a brand new song. Share any opinions if you are in the mood to listen to it, I really value opinions from this forum.

Edit: I forgot to say that I did the mix/master but I cant say Im really happy with it :/

2. Keregioz

Keregioz Kimon Zeliotis

My main criticism is the snare, which sounds kinda weak and lost in the mix at places. Also I feel the lead melodies overpower the vocals, and maybe the vocals are a bit buried in general or too much reverb/delay?.

Other than that it sounds pretty good, the guitars fit the style nice and the production has a "doom metal" vibe which I assume you were going for.

3. Phil_ocean

Phil_ocean Member

Hey man, concerning the snare I agree. I wasnt happy when I finished it but i didnt have anymore time to fix its issues :/ About the vocals, we have pretty weird opinions about how we want them in a song so its a little complicated :p Definitely agree that they need to stand out more though. Thank you so much for your interest and the feedback!

4. Keregioz

Keregioz Kimon Zeliotis

Yeah, I know from working with immensity that you 'doom guys' have different preferences in vocals (and in production in general). I'm not a big fan of the genre so I won't argue, you probably know better haha ;) Obviously it's a personal preference thing.

5. Phil_ocean

Phil_ocean Member

So its a doom thing? I thought we were the only weird ones ^^