This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Off-topic debate: "Monotheist" vs "Eparistera Daimones"

Discussion in 'Novembers Doom' started by OPETH_DT, Apr 28, 2010.

1. OPETH_DT

OPETH_DT Member

Thoughts and/or comments as to how these albums turned out and how well they work with each other? I personally can't stop listening to the latter, and it's given me more of an appreciation for the way "Monotheist" came out after such a long layoff. It made sense for me to listen to those two albums after initially playing "Morbid Tales" at maximum volume. I'm hoping to find the Japanese copy of the new one. It has a bonus track, "Shatter".

2. The Spirit Seed

Although I haven't listened to it in a very long time (probably since it came out), I remember how surprised I was at the overall heaviness of Monotheist. Maybe it's because of the better production capabilities (and didn't Tatgren master it?), but that album's light years beyond anything Celtic Frost previously put out.

I'm glad the heaviness contined for Triptykon, although to sound primitive would have been a step backwards, and Mr. Warrior doesn't do that. Haven't heard the entire thing yet, but what I have sounds like a massive headfuck

3. theoden236

theoden236 Soul Wandering

I would have to say Eparistera Daimones, by a hair. And Tagtgren acutally co-produced Monotheist; you can never go wrong with Peter Tagtgren.

4. BloodSword

BloodSword Member

Triptykon is the new heavy man. It's that guitar tone. Actually, the entire band are excellent musicians. I really dig the drumming on Esparistera Daimones, which I think means, Demons to the Left.

5. sknight

sknight Are You Morbid?

LI, NY-The center of heavy metal and SUVs
    Fucking amazing, both of them, and like all Celtic Frost before it, they can be good for different reasons and stand side by side. If I had to pick, it would be ED. There's new life there, and the drumming, bass, and new effects and rhythm is amazing.

6. Novembers Paul

I think "Eparistera Daimones" is the perfect follow up to "Monotheist" and what we're basically hearing is partially the next Celtic Frost CD, unfortunately without Martin Ain's input, but none the less, it's an amazing piece of work.

7. CF87

CF87 Active Member

Eparistera Daimones.