This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

One Time Spin

Discussion in 'Laser's Edge' started by Metman, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Metman

Metman Buffalo Bills /Mets/Rangers Fan

How many times have you bought a cd & only listened to it once & never went back to it because you didnt like it..for some reason or another....:yuk:

2. Mullmuzzler

Mullmuzzler Member

I had a couple of interesting experiences:
    -Tool - Lateralus
    -King Crimson - The Power To Believe

In both cases, I bought the albums at Circuit City (my local store had a decent CD selection back then). I used to frequent the Mike Portnoy forum a lot and both albums were highly recommended. I went and bought them and I was very disappointed and managed to sell them to a college mate. A couple of years later, I came across the albums again at a used CD store and bought them (different months) since the reviews were positive in general. And shit. They clicked! And what a journey these two bands have been. Been following them ever since and try to catch them live when ever they tour. Seen KC since the 2008 reunion and what a treat that was. Been to about 4-5 Tool shows and the live show is stunning.

3. Progg

Progg Member

It's been several years. The music industry and the groups themselves have made sampling before legally buying easier than ever.

However, current conditions have stopped groups from performing so for the ones that I love for their previous output, I'll buy (within reason) regardless of my impression of any samples.

Liquid Tension likes this.